family

mc    

Ok, so i have always had a "perfect" family, but recently, my 15 year old older sister and mom have been fighting a lot. I made the stupid decision to read through her diary, and i learned that she is suicidal, possibly has ed, depressed, cuts, and shes gay. i read about a sexual experience that she had with another girl. 

I feel horrible for reading this, because it was private and she probably thought it was just for her to read. i want to find a subtle way to ask her about her issues....

but i also am really really worried about her. she presents herself as a happy, (straight,) carefree girl. i knew none of this.... i also know one of the reasons she wants to end her life is because she is gay. 

i can't tell anyone i read her journal, but carrying all this knowledge that my parents might not know is horrible and is affecting MY mental health. i feel like my usually perfect family is crumbling, and me with it.

ps, she IS seeing a therapist, and i think she tells her about her struggles

3 hours ago, mc said:

Ok, so i have always had a "perfect" family, but recently, my 15 year old older sister and mom have been fighting a lot. I made the stupid decision to read through her diary, and i learned that she is suicidal, possibly has ed, depressed, cuts, and shes gay. i read about a sexual experience that she had with another girl. 

I feel horrible for reading this, because it was private and she probably thought it was just for her to read. i want to find a subtle way to ask her about her issues....

but i also am really really worried about her. she presents herself as a happy, (straight,) carefree girl. i knew none of this.... i also know one of the reasons she wants to end her life is because she is gay. 

i can't tell anyone i read her journal, but carrying all this knowledge that my parents might not know is horrible and is affecting MY mental health. i feel like my usually perfect family is crumbling, and me with it.

ps, she IS seeing a therapist, and i think she tells her about her struggles

Hey,

Thank you for sharing this with us. It sounds like your sister has got a lot going on at the moment, and it's good that you now know that she is struggling in these ways, because you can do something to help her. I'm wondering, with the stuff she wrote about suicidal thoughts, do you get the impression that she is safe at the moment, or could she be making a plan to take her own life? If it seems like she is unsafe and could act on her suicidal thoughts, then you need to tell your parents so that they can make sure she is safe. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

i think my parents do know about her suicidal thoughts, and i think she's getting help..... it just worries me

9 hours ago, mc said:

i think my parents do know about her suicidal thoughts, and i think she's getting help..... it just worries me

Hey there,

Are you sure? Might it be worth checking just incase? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e