Am I bi or just really good friends with this girl?

Essa07    

I’m so confused right now!! I thought I was straight but now I’m questioning my sexuality because I think I have this crush on a girl but I’m not sure if that’s just me being really good friends with her??

6 hours ago, Essa07 said:

I’m so confused right now!! I thought I was straight but now I’m questioning my sexuality because I think I have this crush on a girl but I’m not sure if that’s just me being really good friends with her??

Hey @Essa07

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to those who reach out to us :)

I just want you to know that it's okay to be confused about your sexuality; so many people go through periods of questioning, and just remember, it won't last forever, and it will get better at some point. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about the feelings you're having towards this girl? Also, how do these feelings compare to the way you've felt about other people in the past with crushes and that?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi there! It's completely okay to question your sexuality at this stage, it's something that many people, including me, have gone through. Just a reminder, only you can tell what your sexuality is, and no one else has the right to impose or force a label you don't want on you. You should ask yourself a few questions during this time, such as; "How long have I felt this way with her?", "Did I have any crush with another girl in the past?", "Do I imagine myself dating a girl now, or in the future?" Once again, it is perfectly normal to question your sexual preferences at this age, since you've got other stuff such as hormones to look after. I was exactly the same in your age, but now I'm more confident in my sexuality because I gave myself time to figure out who I really liked, how I liked them (e.g.: physically, sexually, emotionally, etc.) and why. I suggest that you should not rush yourself in figuring out your preferences, give it some time, do some research on the label you're referring to, and work through things slowly. It is going to be confusing, but when you give yourself the time, and you've finally figured it out, I can guarantee that things would be much clearer. Just in case you're positive about your preferences, if you're part of the community, welcome, and congrats! We're really happy to have you here. <3