help

Pais Β  Β 

I need help coming out as bisexual to my homophobic parents...any advice?

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @PaisWelcome to the Community. 😊

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the Forums, I just read your post and wondered whether you’d feel it’s beneficial to have a chat with one of our Trained Mentors. I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you. @MonsoonΒ & @Blondie

Look forward to seeing you around the Community!

Β 

Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff
8 hours ago, Pais said:

I need help coming out as bisexual to my homophobic parents...any advice?

Hey Pais, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

The main thing to consider is your safety and security - how do you think that your parents will react? I really wish that this was not necessary but if there is a risk to you being thrown out of home we would always advise waiting until you are able to leave home independently.Β 

If you think that this won't be an issue it can be really helpful to have a trusted relative or family friend with you when you speak to your parents.Β 

Staff-Account.png

46 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Hey Pais, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

The main thing to consider is your safety and security - how do you think that your parents will react? I really wish that this was not necessary but if there is a risk to you being thrown out of home we would always advise waiting until you are able to leave home independently.Β 

If you think that this won't be an issue it can be really helpful to have a trusted relative or family friend with you when you speak to your parents.Β 

I think it will be a problem, as I think my dad will accept me but think im confused (separate house) but my mom and my step dad are who i worry about my mom will probablyΒ make me go to church or something to "cleanse me" but my step dad is the worst and if i get thrown out of that house i wont be able to see my mom or my dog. but if i get thrown out i can always go to my dads

• Ditch the Label Staff
43 minutes ago, Pais said:

I think it will be a problem, as I think my dad will accept me but think im confused (separate house) but my mom and my step dad are who i worry about my mom will probablyΒ make me go to church or something to "cleanse me" but my step dad is the worst and if i get thrown out of that house i wont be able to see my mom or my dog. but if i get thrown out i can always go to my dads

That throws up a concern for me for your welfare. I realise that aged 12, this is a long wait but Β do you think you can wait for a while?

Staff-Account.png

47 minutes ago, Blondie said:

That throws up a concern for me for your welfare. I realise that aged 12, this is a long wait but Β do you think you can wait for a while?

ya probably

2 hours ago, Blondie said:

thank you to by the way

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 hours ago, Pais said:

thank you to by the way

You're welcome. We're here for you and you can be your whole self here.

Gay Pride GIF by carriesloane

Staff-Account.png

Γ—
Γ—