This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Confused about my sexuality

Kaitie    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So I’ve been pretty confident on being straight for a while until about a month ago. I recently asked my friend (who’s female) to prom and we went last night (it was really fun btw). Ever since I asked her I noticed I started developing feelings for her but not platonic ones. I’m someone who hates being indecisive and not knowing how to figure something out. The problem is my whole family is Christian and you can probably guess what they’ve told me.. I’m Christian as well which is why I’m really struggling because I don’t know who to listen to.. I’d really appreciate some help.

Edited by Kaitie

• Ditch the Label Staff

1 hour ago, Kaitie said:

So I’ve been pretty confident on being straight for a while until about a month ago. I recently asked my friend (who’s female) to prom and we went last night (it was really fun btw). Ever since I asked her I noticed I started developing feelings for her but not platonic ones. I’m someone who hates being indecisive and not knowing how to figure something out. The problem is my whole family is Christian and you can probably guess what they’ve told me.. I’m Christian as well which is why I’m really struggling because I don’t know who to listen to.. I’d really appreciate some help.

Hey Kaitie, Firstly,  I'm so glad prom was fun! I realise it's easy for me to say but I'd like to be a voice reassuring you that you are who you were always meant to be - it's not wrong in any way to be same sex attracted (or to be questioning / exploring this).

Can I ask if when you were planning to go together, was it as friends or as a date?

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Blondie said:

Hey Kaitie, Firstly,  I'm so glad prom was fun! I realise it's easy for me to say but I'd like to be a voice reassuring you that you are who you were always meant to be - it's not wrong in any way to be same sex attracted (or to be questioning / exploring this).

Can I ask if when you were planning to go together, was it as friends or as a date?

It was as friends. I did let her know that I liked her and she told me she wasn’t looking for a relationship right now. I told her I understood and I just told her to make her aware plus I still wasn’t 100% sure about my sexuality so her reply didn’t bother me in anyway. Her and I are still friends after my confession so I’m happy with that

• Ditch the Label Staff

5 minutes ago, Kaitie said:

It was as friends. I did let her know that I liked her and she told me she wasn’t looking for a relationship right now. I told her I understood and I just told her to make her aware plus I still wasn’t 100% sure about my sexuality so her reply didn’t bother me in anyway. Her and I are still friends after my confession so I’m happy with that

She sounds like a great friend! For now, I would keep things as friends but it might be worth considering going on a date with another female to explore this. How would that feel?

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Blondie said:

She sounds like a great friend! For now, I would keep things as friends but it might be worth considering going on a date with another female to explore this. How would that feel?

That sounds like something I could do and yeah she is a great friend 

Edited by Kaitie

• Ditch the Label Staff

4 minutes ago, Kaitie said:

That sounds like something I could do and yeah she is a great friend 

Don't put yourself under any pressure while you're figuring this out - there's no rush at all. :)  

Staff-Account.png

Hey dude! I've been in that situation before, and my main concern was ruining the friendship, I also  felt bad to kinda use my friend to figure  myself out, so I went on a date with a guy to kinda get a feel for if I was bi, it actually really helped.

2 minutes ago, Ezra Cullen said:

Hey dude! I've been in that situation before, and my main concern was ruining the friendship, I also  felt bad to kinda use my friend to figure  myself out, so I went on a date with a guy to kinda get a feel for if I was bi, it actually really helped.

Alright.. yeah I think I’ll take one of my friends on a date since they know I’m just trying to figure it out. And if they aren’t already made aware that I’m experimenting, I’m obviously going to tell them so they aren’t led on. Thank you for your advice!!

Great job dude, let us know if it goes ok, and remember there's no right way to be, whatever you find out about yourself is totally fine!👍

OH, and don't go to the movies! movies are crappy first dates, you can't flirt with someone by staring at a screen.

36 minutes ago, Ezra Cullen said:

OH, and don't go to the movies! movies are crappy first dates, you can't flirt with someone by staring at a screen.

Yeah I know that from prior experiences lol. But thank you!! I’ll definitely let you know how it goes :)

Awesome, can't wait to hear, and above all else don't put pressure on yourself,  :)

Hello :) I'm very confused about my sexuality. Growing up I found both male and female characters attractive. At a younger age I believe I had a crush on a boy based on my memories of how I felt and acted around him. Later on there was this girl for whom I felt sort of the same way. I'm unsure but I think I may have been romantically however not sexually attracted to both of them if that makes sense. I met another guy who I  believe I had a crush on because he looked similar to the boy I mentioned before but that didn't last long. I encountered another woman recently who I liked as well but now my feelings for her feel complicated, making it difficult for me to get a grasp on how I feel. I've been questioning my feelings for all of these people, whether I've been confusing a desire for friendship for something else. I want to understand myself better but I don't know how to achieve that. 

I'm sorry, I realise now I was supposed to start a separate topic

Edited by berryberry
Mistake made

10 hours ago, berryberry said:

Hello :) I'm very confused about my sexuality. Growing up I found both male and female characters attractive. At a younger age I believe I had a crush on a boy based on my memories of how I felt and acted around him. Later on there was this girl for whom I felt sort of the same way. I'm unsure but I think I may have been romantically however not sexually attracted to both of them if that makes sense. I met another guy who I  believe I had a crush on because he looked similar to the boy I mentioned before but that didn't last long. I encountered another woman recently who I liked as well but now my feelings for her feel complicated, making it difficult for me to get a grasp on how I feel. I've been questioning my feelings for all of these people, whether I've been confusing a desire for friendship for something else. I want to understand myself better but I don't know how to achieve that. 

I'm sorry, I realise now I was supposed to start a separate topic

Hey there,

I just saw you made a topic about this, so I'll reply there :) 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e