Am I bi?

Nova    

I’ve only ever had two crushes in my entire life , both being in middle school and boys that I had a very social friendship with. Recently I’ve started to be attracted to girls as well as guys but I haven’t had an actual crush on either gender.  I’m feel like I would need to really get to know someone before I get to have a crush on them, but I have major self esteem issues. I think that might be the reason why I don’t really get crushes because I automatically think they wouldn’t like to date me anyways and just never think about it again. I also might have unrealistic expectations because im a hopeless romantic, but I haven’t felt any romantic feeling for anyone for years. I often find myself staring at girls that I find attractive more than men that I could find attractive. I’m just super confused 🫠 I also don’t want to say to anyone that I’m bisexual because I feel like it would be unfair seeing as how I haven’t actually had a crush on girl before. I often just laugh off and deny my friends suggestions that I’m Bi when I call a women hot

Edited by Nova

I get it. I didn’t want to say I was bi cause what if I was wrong?(but I had only had a crush on a girl ) 

but I think that u should trust ur gut. And hey if ur not bi that’s okay , just take some time to think and see who u find attractive . And sometimes sexuality changes. I know that taking quizzes helped me. I would take a bunch to see what they said, then I would see what the majority of them said. Also don’t worry I’m sure that people will want to date u!

well I hope this helped!😊

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nova said:

I’ve only ever had two crushes in my entire life , both being in middle school and boys that I had a very social friendship with. Recently I’ve started to be attracted to girls as well as guys but I haven’t had an actual crush on either gender.  I’m feel like I would need to really get to know someone before I get to have a crush on them, but I have major self esteem issues. I think that might be the reason why I don’t really get crushes because I automatically think they wouldn’t like to date me anyways and just never think about it again. I also might have unrealistic expectations because im a hopeless romantic, but I haven’t felt any romantic feeling for anyone for years. I often find myself staring at girls that I find attractive more than men that I could find attractive. I’m just super confused 🫠 I also don’t want to say to anyone that I’m bisexual because I feel like it would be unfair seeing as how I haven’t actually had a crush on girl before. I often just laugh off and deny my friends suggestions that I’m Bi when I call a women hot

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this with us at DTL :)

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out. It's okay to be confused about your sexuality; it's in our nature to want all of the answers straight away, but often, we can't have this, and it takes a long time to understand this part of ourselves in a lot of cases. It's completely normal to go through this questioning period, and remember, it won't always be like this. What do you think? Also, can you tell me more about your self-esteem?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e