TELLING MY NOT SO ACCEPTING PARENTS ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND

Lane    

I recently started dating my girlfriend at the beginning of April. My mom knows I’m Bi but my dad does not. Right now I am home with them for a week and want to tell them that I have a girlfriend but I am terrified. I was thinking a letter could be a good option but they are leaving the same day I am for a trip so they would either have to read it while I’m here or wait until they get back. I don’t know what to do. I would like to say something along the lines of: I have something important to tell you, it might upset you but I want you guys to know so that we can work through this together. This past semester I met the most amazing girl, she smart, funny, kind and treats better than anyone has. So, I want you both to know that I have a girlfriend. I don’t want you to be upset but if that’s how you feel right now, I understand. This can’t be easy to hear and is probably hard to process. I love you guys and hope we can work through this together. 

What would be any advice, thoughts or tips? 

Edited by Lane

• Lane changed the title to TELLING MY NOT SO ACCEPTING PARENTS ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND

I may be younger but let me tell you it sucks when you cant be ur authentic self. *I* cant because my mum wont let me transition 

But I'm not letting it stop me from being who I am

As my name implies I'm a trans Male and my mum isn't the best at accepting my identity atm. I hope for your sake that its different.

Your a grown woman. Your allowed to date who ever you wanna date regardless of gender

19 minutes ago, Lane said:

I recently started dating my girlfriend at the beginning of April. My mom knows I’m Bi but my dad does not. Right now I am home with them for a week and want to tell them that I have a girlfriend but I am terrified. I was thinking a letter could be a good option but they are leaving the same day I am for a trip so they would either have to read it while I’m here or wait until they get back. I don’t know what to do. I would like to say something along the lines of: I have something important to tell you, it might upset you but I want you guys to know so that we can work through this together. This past semester I met the most amazing girl, she smart, funny, kind and treats better than anyone has. So, I want you both to know that I have a girlfriend. I don’t want you to be upset but if that’s how you feel right now, I understand. This can’t be easy to hear and is probably hard to process. I love you guys and hope we can work through this together. 

What would be any advice, thoughts or tips? 

Hey, If you're ready to share this,  and it's safe to do so, then go ahead.  Remember that there's no perfect opportunity- you have to make that opportunity yourself

13 minutes ago, Thisboiistrans said:

But I'm not letting it stop me from being who I am

As my name implies I'm a trans Male and my mum isn't the best at accepting my identity atm. I hope for your sake that its different.

Your a grown woman. Your allowed to date who ever you wanna date regardless of gender

Dude, I've been mispronouncing your username this whole time

Just now, Thisboiistrans said:

Eh? Wdym

I haven't read it right until that comment. Sorry...

4 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Dude, I've been mispronouncing your username this whole time

@Emberfrost12

What do you mean by this? Pls explain I am so confused 

It hid my reply.

Anyway, lets leave this open to the person who created this thread ;)

@Emberfrost12

What do you mean by this? Pls explain I am so confused 

Heh, i've been pronouncing it 'this-boice-ter-ans' Oops. Do forgive

Haha lol 

But ye I get ya point

Gotta go anyways see ya ember

Haha lol 

But ye I get ya point

Gotta go anyways see ya ember

Bye!