What do I do when my friends don't ever listen to what I want to do?

Okay so I am in 5th grade and there is a playground and the 5th graders are only aloud on it usually in the after school program. My friends and I are all in the program and they always want to go on the playground and I don't like it because we always end up playing with other random kids and I don't like it.  Whenever I ask to play something else they say nothing. Today I finally said I didn't want to but then my friend Devi said to "just not come but then you would be alone." and I said "okay I don't care". But since i'm on here I kind of do. I was just sitting there alone and I did some quizzes and they all said that I shouldn't be friends with her anymore but since she has my mom's phone number i'm afraid that she will tell on me. So...what do I do?

4 hours ago, Karrah said:

Okay so I am in 5th grade and there is a playground and the 5th graders are only aloud on it usually in the after school program. My friends and I are all in the program and they always want to go on the playground and I don't like it because we always end up playing with other random kids and I don't like it.  Whenever I ask to play something else they say nothing. Today I finally said I didn't want to but then my friend Devi said to "just not come but then you would be alone." and I said "okay I don't care". But since i'm on here I kind of do. I was just sitting there alone and I did some quizzes and they all said that I shouldn't be friends with her anymore but since she has my mom's phone number i'm afraid that she will tell on me. So...what do I do?

Hey Karrah,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm wondering, how would you feel about carrying on being friends with her? What are the positives and negatives? Also, what would she tell on you for? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

15 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Karrah,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm wondering, how would you feel about carrying on being friends with her? What are the positives and negatives? Also, what would she tell on you for? 

I think sh would tell on me for not being her friend anymore and she would cry so I would get in trouble for making her cry. I don't want to be her friend anymore but she is really nice most of the time. Also we both have a friend and i'm scared she is going to leave me out even more.

Hey there,

I'm wondering, are you doing anything wrong by not being her friend anymore though? Also, I'm wondering, with what's been happening, is it something you can cope with, or is it too much? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm wondering, are you doing anything wrong by not being her friend anymore though? Also, I'm wondering, with what's been happening, is it something you can cope with, or is it too much? 

I feel like it's too much like I feel overwhelmed sorry I have a lot of problems at schoolll

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 5/6/2022 at 11:24 PM, Karrah said:

I feel like it's too much like I feel overwhelmed sorry I have a lot of problems at schoolll

Hi - don't apologise! Your feelings are completely valid. When you are with these finds at other times, do you feel included or does it only happen in the after school program? 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 5/7/2022 at 11:29 AM, Blondie said:

Hi - don't apologise! Your feelings are completely valid. When you are with these finds at other times, do you feel included or does it only happen in the after school program? 

only  in the program because my friend that leaves me out is in a different class

• Ditch the Label Staff
29 minutes ago, Karrah said:

only  in the program because my friend that leaves me out is in a different class

Have you ever spoken to them about it at another time? I'm wondering if having a chat and explaining that it's hurtful.

Staff-Account.png

On 5/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, Blondie said:

Have you ever spoken to them about it at another time? I'm wondering if having a chat and explaining that it's hurtful.

maybe ill try that. I guess ill come here if something happens

• Ditch the Label Staff
7 hours ago, Karrah said:

maybe ill try that. I guess ill come here if something happens

We're here for you!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend to try making new friends. I know that it's easier said than done because obviously you still wanna be friends with Devi (i think that's the girls name correct me if I'm wrong) cause you are emotionally attached to her but if she continues to let you out I would talk with her and if that doesn't work I would end the friendship.

If you wanna get anything else from your chest we're here for you!

Edited by Juliasta