Does she have OCD(Obsessive–compulsive disorder)?

learningbrain    

A friend of mine said she has OCD.She said that she doesn't like objects which are not aligned perfectly straight.

Since I was trying to test whether she had OCD I disturbed the alignment of her things and she was not correcting.

I searched it in google it says that everyone has a desire to keep things perfect but for a person who has OCD it becomes like an obsession  ie.they can't stop until it is correct.

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this :)

Yeah, with OCD, the individual engages in behaviours called compulsions which can involve things like aligning objects perfectly, and these behaviours help to reduce anxiety and they can become addictive in a way. Also, I'm wondering, what do you think your friend needs right now from you? Is she struggling and wants some help/comfort?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I wanted to say that If she is not aligning her books perfectly straight Does it mean she doesn't have OCD????

She actually doesn't ask me for help. I observe her since she has a very different personality which I find interesting to understand.

I liked her when she was marching and wearing NCC uniform. From that day onwards I was trying to understand and learn more about her. She likes gay comics but that doesn't make her gay.

7 hours ago, learningbrain said:

I wanted to say that If she is not aligning her books perfectly straight Does it mean she doesn't have OCD????

She actually doesn't ask me for help. I observe her since she has a very different personality which I find interesting to understand.

I liked her when she was marching and wearing NCC uniform. From that day onwards I was trying to understand and learn more about her. She likes gay comics but that doesn't make her gay.

Hey there,

I think that from my point of view, your friend is struggling, and it might be best to focus on how you can help her; what do you think? 

She is not really close to me. She might not open up to me. Her friends say that she is just acting. They disturb the allignment of her books on purpose to prove that she is not having OCD.I corrected the alignment of her books so that she feels ok. I don't want her to be distributed.This conversation has led me to this question. I willing to help her but I don't know how.

One day during a seminar she said that she was not feeling well.She didn't want to sit in the seminar but she noted down important points which was given in the Power point presentation.

Hey there,

I'm wondering, could you speak to her and ask what she would find helpful from a friend right now? She might have a few ideas :) 

Presently we are having summer holidays.I will definitely ask what I can do to help her.I will ask her after our school reopens.

5 hours ago, learningbrain said:

Presently we are having summer holidays.I will definitely ask what I can do to help her.I will ask her after our school reopens.

Hey,

That sounds really good :) 

Would you like anymore support, or are you good for now?