This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

i want to live life the way i want

blueveronica    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

i don't want a job. but i need one to make money to survive. but i don't want to work a job i don't want til the day i die. i fantasize about various things to escape from reality, one fantasy being that i'm a rich author. i've wanted to be an author for a while. sometimes i feel like if i had the money, i could just do whatever i wanted. but obviously it's not that easy. it's way easier for people with connections, people from rich families, attractive people, etc to make it big. if it were really about "working hard" then everyone who wanted to be successful would be, but that's just not how the world works. i have a 1% chance of getting where i want to be. i just want freedom. i don't want to be here in college. and i'm like why should i even stay alive if i'm never going to be able to live the life i want. 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.
5 hours ago, blueveronica said:

i don't want a job. but i need one to make money to survive. but i don't want to work a job i don't want til the day i die. i fantasize about various things to escape from reality, one fantasy being that i'm a rich author. i've wanted to be an author for a while. sometimes i feel like if i had the money, i could just do whatever i wanted. but obviously it's not that easy. it's way easier for people with connections, people from rich families, attractive people, etc to make it big. if it were really about "working hard" then everyone who wanted to be successful would be, but that's just not how the world works. i have a 1% chance of getting where i want to be. i just want freedom. i don't want to be here in college. and i'm like why should i even stay alive if i'm never going to be able to live the life i want. 

Hey there,

I noticed what you said about not wanting to work a job you don't want until the day you die, and I'm wondering, does it have to be that way? What job could you work towards - I saw you mentioned being an author.

Also, can you tell me more about the 1% chance of getting where you want to be? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I meant that I feel like to escape things I've been doing because I "should", like college and studying what I don't want to be studying, the ideal situation would be for me to suddenly become rich. That's not realistic, but I wish I could become famous for a book or something and be financially set for life. But I know that making it big in the writing industry is so hard. I feel like only some types of people are allowed to become successful and I'm like how am I ever supposed to be happy if there are so many uncontrollable barriers in my way?

Hey there,

So I think I've got a good sense of people that you think are allowed to become successful, but I'm just wondering, is that always the case? If we take being attractive and rich out of the equation, what else do you think you might need to become successful? Think more about the skills in a person rather than the things around them, like money, etc. 

It's not always the case. A person would also have to be talented, organized, good at networking, passionate, dedicated, and persistent. 

14 hours ago, blueveronica said:

It's not always the case. A person would also have to be talented, organized, good at networking, passionate, dedicated, and persistent. 

Hey there,

Out of those qualities you've just mentioned, which ones are your areas of strength? :) 

I think I'm creative (which could be a type of talent) and I'm persistent when I have the energy to be. 

20 hours ago, blueveronica said:

I think I'm creative (which could be a type of talent) and I'm persistent when I have the energy to be. 

Hey there,

I'm wondering then, how could you use your creativity to work towards one of your future goals? 

• Solution
6 hours ago, blueveronica said:

I could try writing short stories and work my way up to longer forms of writing. 

Hey there,

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Try to get feedback from other people too; post them online! I get how it can be easier for certain people to be more successful based on things like their connections and family wealth, but the talent is such a big part, so remember what you bring to the table, and keep developing those skills as much as you can. What do you think?

1 hour ago, blueveronica said:

I will try. 

Great :)

Why don't you let us know how it goes when you've had some feedback? You could also post some of your writing in our blog section. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blueveronica said:

Yes I will think about it. 

Great! I'll keep a look out just incase you decide to post :) 

• Thanks 1