Coming out?

Lydiathebandkid    

I am bi and I am thinking about coming out to a few of my close friends. They are not homophobic and a few of them are LGBT+ but i'm scared about what they will think about me/if it will be awkward/if they will see me different. I tend to be an over thinker to so i don't know if I should just be like "I'm bi" or if i should try to be more causal. I've come out to two friends so far and they've been super supportive. Any advice?

Edited by Lydiathebandkid

10 hours ago, Lydiathebandkid said:

I am bi and I am thinking about coming out to a few of my close friends. They are not homophobic and a few of them are LGBT+ but i'm scared about what they will think about me/if it will be awkward/if they will see me different. I tend to be an over thinker to so i don't know if I should just be like "I'm bi" or if i should try to be more causal. I've come out to two friends so far and they've been super supportive. Any advice?

Hey there,

Your worries are completely normal, but the fact that they aren't homophobic and some of them are LGBTQ+ tells me that they will be supportive. What do you think? With this in mind, is there any chance that they will feel awkward about it? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Your worries are completely normal, but the fact that they aren't homophobic and some of them are LGBTQ+ tells me that they will be supportive. What do you think? With this in mind, is there any chance that they will feel awkward about it? 

I don't think they will feel awkward but I had one friend said he always knew and a few others where surprised. I think i might just wait for it to come up in conversation again because it's not a uncommon topic

9 hours ago, Lydiathebandkid said:

I don't think they will feel awkward but I had one friend said he always knew and a few others where surprised. I think i might just wait for it to come up in conversation again because it's not a uncommon topic

Hey,

Yeah, I think waiting for it to come up is a good idea, and it might flow better and be a smoother experience. I do get the hunch they will be supportive and encouraging, but it's completely normal to question how people around you will react because it's a big moment isn't it? How are you feeling about it all now?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

10 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, I think waiting for it to come up is a good idea, and it might flow better and be a smoother experience. I do get the hunch they will be supportive and encouraging, but it's completely normal to question how people around you will react because it's a big moment isn't it? How are you feeling about it all now?

Yeah, I'm feeling better.