I don’t know what I like anymore

Sieg    

It’s been so volatile lately. Certain weeks I feel more and more attracted to men and feel no attraction to women and other times it’s the opposite. Lately, I’ve been leaning towards men. It’s just been taking a toll on me mentally and I don’t know what to do.

12 hours ago, Sieg said:

It’s been so volatile lately. Certain weeks I feel more and more attracted to men and feel no attraction to women and other times it’s the opposite. Lately, I’ve been leaning towards men. It’s just been taking a toll on me mentally and I don’t know what to do.

Hey Sieg,

Welcome to the community; I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. It sounds like you're going back and forth a lot which I know can be really frustrating from other people I've supported. I'm wondering, what do you think it is specifically that's taking a toll on you mentally? Is it the uncertainty? Is it anxiety? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Sieg,

Welcome to the community; I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. It sounds like you're going back and forth a lot which I know can be really frustrating from other people I've supported. I'm wondering, what do you think it is specifically that's taking a toll on you mentally? Is it the uncertainty? Is it anxiety? 

It’s both. I have no idea how to feel anymore and I’m losing my sense of identity because of it. I think it’s a combination of anxiety over losing that sense of who I am and uncertainty in having no clear definition for myself. I think I just prefer structure in terms of how I define myself.

17 hours ago, Sieg said:

It’s both. I have no idea how to feel anymore and I’m losing my sense of identity because of it. I think it’s a combination of anxiety over losing that sense of who I am and uncertainty in having no clear definition for myself. I think I just prefer structure in terms of how I define myself.

Hey there,

Yeah, that need for structure is totally normal, and when you don't have that, it can make you feel quite anxious. Deep down, we all want to know who we are, whether we put labels on it or not, and when we don't know, it can leave us feeling quite lost. I'm wondering, do you think there's anything you can do to explore your identity more at this point?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, that need for structure is totally normal, and when you don't have that, it can make you feel quite anxious. Deep down, we all want to know who we are, whether we put labels on it or not, and when we don't know, it can leave us feeling quite lost. I'm wondering, do you think there's anything you can do to explore your identity more at this point?

I have no clue. Maybe I could just find structure some other way. Maybe I could find something  new to do to construct a new aspect of my identity, but that feels like avoidance.