Jump to content

Revenge


Medicpak
 Share

Recommended Posts

Few days back a dear friend of mine had a disagreement with me on a petty argument. He exploded and abused me very rudely and harshly which ended our friendship. He passed very heart breaking judgements and degrading comments.  At  that time I didn't reacted, didn't shout back at him. 

But now all those things circulate my mind and fill me with rage and urge me to do something equally hurting to him and why I wasn't able to speak and fight back at him.

And sometimes it makes me depressed that why wasn't I able to make good friends? He was a college of mine and I think he was jealous of me getting praises and promotions, and all the appreciation I got. During the fight he started petty little things which he had held against me deep in his heart. I surprised to hear them because  I had tolerated way bigger things from his side and never again thought about them.

When I am alone I become greatly enraged at what he said and Just want soo ssooo badly to hurt him too. I want to beat him, abuse him and spit on his mouth.  Kindly help me how I can overcome this phase in my life. I don't want to do something bad and live with guilt or live in jail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Medicpak said:

Few days back a dear friend of mine had a disagreement with me on a petty argument. He exploded and abused me very rudely and harshly which ended our friendship. He passed very heart breaking judgements and degrading comments.  At  that time I didn't reacted, didn't shout back at him. 

But now all those things circulate my mind and fill me with rage and urge me to do something equally hurting to him and why I wasn't able to speak and fight back at him.

And sometimes it makes me depressed that why wasn't I able to make good friends? He was a college of mine and I think he was jealous of me getting praises and promotions, and all the appreciation I got. During the fight he started petty little things which he had held against me deep in his heart. I surprised to hear them because  I had tolerated way bigger things from his side and never again thought about them.

When I am alone I become greatly enraged at what he said and Just want soo ssooo badly to hurt him too. I want to beat him, abuse him and spit on his mouth.  Kindly help me how I can overcome this phase in my life. I don't want to do something bad and live with guilt or live in jail.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. 

It sounds like there were challenges in this friendship that had been simmering for a while and all came out in this interaction. It's pretty common to experience almost a delayed reaction; this can often be because you're distracted in the moment and distance yourself, but when you have some time to think, you realise the severity of what they said and it ends up really getting to you. I'm wondering, do you think you'll be able to refrain from getting revenge by physically harming him? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. 

It sounds like there were challenges in this friendship that had been simmering for a while and all came out in this interaction. It's pretty common to experience almost a delayed reaction; this can often be because you're distracted in the moment and distance yourself, but when you have some time to think, you realise the severity of what they said and it ends up really getting to you. I'm wondering, do you think you'll be able to refrain from getting revenge by physically harming him? 

No, I might harm him.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. 

It sounds like there were challenges in this friendship that had been simmering for a while and all came out in this interaction. It's pretty common to experience almost a delayed reaction; this can often be because you're distracted in the moment and distance yourself, but when you have some time to think, you realise the severity of what they said and it ends up really getting to you. I'm wondering, do you think you'll be able to refrain from getting revenge by physically harming him? 

Each day when I see him, I am filled with hatred, anger, and depression. I feel like judged and the most pathetic person in the world and all the horrible things he said seem to be true. I just can't see him walking all good after hurting me that much. I can't stand his voice and face and let alone him seeing all good and cheery. I want to get back to him and hurt him as much as he hurt me. I sometimes regret not abusing him back and making him pay for what he said. I have no jealousy for him, I just want catharsis for what he said to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

I completely get how the thought of getting back at someone who has hurt you might seem like the best option, but I'm wondering, if you did, how do you think it would make you feel? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 2:16 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I completely get how the thought of getting back at someone who has hurt you might seem like the best option, but I'm wondering, if you did, how do you think it would make you feel? 

No idea. How would I feel?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 5/7/2022 at 5:31 AM, Medicpak said:

No idea. How would I feel?

Hey,

I think that people often think getting back at someone will make them feel better, and it might do for a short while, but in the end, it usually leaves them feeling worse. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
    Search In
×
×
  • Create New...