Mental health

C.Panda    

Hello ,

I have been facing difficulties in my relationship with my boyfriend lately. 

He often gets depressed because of his childhood traumas. He was rejected from his parent since birth and started living with his grandma then shifted to his uncle's place and there he was pressurised to do many things and would often get beaten. 

He also mentioned that no one was happy with him and what he do.

Also after his uncle's death, he was devastated  and he had been in many relationships and was later rejected or cheated.

This phase may last for days,months or years.

After 7 months being with him, he has now friendzone me and has limit talking/messaging me. He has also stop meeting me as my family don't like him. He barely talks to his adopted mom (his aunt) and his close friend. He just want to be alone.

Please let me know how can I help him and be with him. 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @C.Panda Welcome to the community!

I have read your post and I am going to tag in our Trained Mentors so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you, they will be able to offer some support and advice. @Monsoon & @Blondie 😊

Hey there,

This is a really tricky situation; how are you feeling about it all? It sounds like you're so supportive and really want to help him, but I think there's only so much you can do when someone doesn't want to be helped. Would you say he is pretty open to it or closed off at the moment? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hello,

I am trying to cope with this situation and preparing me mentally by doing some online research on behaviour of depressed people. Somedays I'm okay and somedays I cry and miss him badly.  I have noticed that I often frustrates(have mood swings) when he late reply to my messages.

Maybe at this place, he is closed off and at work, I don't know but he has mentioned that he is keeping himself busy thanks to the workload at office. Lately he has been gardening(his hobby) and watching documentary.

18 hours ago, C.Panda said:

Hello,

I am trying to cope with this situation and preparing me mentally by doing some online research on behaviour of depressed people. Somedays I'm okay and somedays I cry and miss him badly.  I have noticed that I often frustrates(have mood swings) when he late reply to my messages.

Maybe at this place, he is closed off and at work, I don't know but he has mentioned that he is keeping himself busy thanks to the workload at office. Lately he has been gardening(his hobby) and watching documentary.

Hey there,

I wonder, what might he be trying to communicate by pulling away and creating distance? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e