Am I Bi?

sugawarasenpai    

I think I might be bi? I think I have a minor crush on a girl in a class of mine, and When I think about it, I don’t really have a preference to dating guys or girls. I don’t have any family members to talk to because they wouldn’t support me. I hope this isn’t a weird question, but does this make me bisexual?

• Ditch the Label Staff
6 hours ago, sugawarasenpai said:

I think I might be bi? I think I have a minor crush on a girl in a class of mine, and When I think about it, I don’t really have a preference to dating guys or girls. I don’t have any family members to talk to because they wouldn’t support me. I hope this isn’t a weird question, but does this make me bisexual?

Hey @sugawarasenpai welcome to the community!

I am Daisie a Community Warden, and I read your post and wondered whether it may help to talk to one of our Trained Mentors? I’ll tag them in so you know who they are and they can reach out. @Monsoon & @Blondie.

9 hours ago, sugawarasenpai said:

Hey there,

Welcome to the community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us. It's completely normal to question your sexuality, and you've come to the right space to open up about this. I'm wondering, have you ever had a crush on a guy before? If so, how did that compare to the way you feel about this girl? What is similar and what is different? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I have had a crush on guys before but it’s kinda rare for me to crush on guys. What’s similar to this is that I want to talk to them more and that I think about going out on dates. Something that’s different is that with the girl, I don’t get that typical “ weak at the knees” feeling that I had with the guy crush before.  Also thank you for helping me I really appreciate this

I have had a crush on guys before but it’s kinda rare for me to crush on guys. What’s similar to this is that I want to talk to them more and that I think about going out on dates. Something that’s different is that with the girl, I don’t get that typical “ weak at the knees” feeling that I had with the guy crush before.  Also thank you for helping me I really appreciate this

Hey there,

Okay, so it sounds like the feelings are pretty similar which suggests that you might be bisexual. If you are, how would you feel about knowing that?  

I would feel great about it, because I know more about myself now and that I am not just overthinking things. I am almost done with high school and going to a college far from home, so I’m excited about maybe going after a relationship with both genders.

16 hours ago, sugawarasenpai said:

I would feel great about it, because I know more about myself now and that I am not just overthinking things. I am almost done with high school and going to a college far from home, so I’m excited about maybe going after a relationship with both genders.

That's really positive to hear; it sounds like college will be a really liberating experience for you. When will you be starting? 

I will be starting this august/ September. It’s a college in Louisiana which is about 6-8 hours away from where I live right now. 

14 hours ago, sugawarasenpai said:

I will be starting this august/ September. It’s a college in Louisiana which is about 6-8 hours away from where I live right now. 

Hey,

Wow, that's a fair way away isn't it? How are you feeling about the distance? 

I am feeling pretty great about the distance. I think it’s gonna be a great way to get used to being on my own before I’m done with school.  

12 hours ago, sugawarasenpai said:

I am feeling pretty great about the distance. I think it’s gonna be a great way to get used to being on my own before I’m done with school.  

Hey there,

Exactly, it will be a great adventure for you. How long will you live there for?

22 hours ago, sugawarasenpai said:

l am gonna be there for at least four years. 

How exciting! That will give you plenty of time to discover yourself and have some fun! What will you be studying?

I will be studying marine science at college. 

That sounds great - what an exciting time :)

How is everything else going for you? Would you like any more support?

Everything else is okay. This really helped me see everything better than before. Thank you so much for helping me. I think I don't need support with this anymore. Again, I really appreciate you helping me with this.

Edited by sugawarasenpai

17 hours ago, sugawarasenpai said:

Everything else is okay. This really helped me see everything better than before. Thank you so much for helping me. I think I don't need support with this anymore. Again, I really appreciate you helping me with this.

You're more than welcome. You know where we are if you ever do need more support.