Questioning my sexuality.

Milena Β  Β 

Hi. I'm female. I've been questioning my sexuality lately. I was sure I was just bisexual, but it seems that I could be demirromantic demisexual, or a homorromantic demisexual, since this is what a friend told me I probably was.

First off, demisexuality and demirromanticism seem to be both on the asexual spectrum of sexuality, and I've been suspecting that I was asexual or on the spectrum before but I wasn't so sure. To give more context, I don't see sex as a central part of my life, I could be in a romantic relationship without sex if needed, conversations about sex make me uncomfortable at times, I don't relate to saying terms such as "hot" or "sexy", and I have never imagined myself in the bed with a stranger or found them sexually attractive if attractive at all, which is rare, because I tend to appreciate their beauty and aesthetic, but not to such profound level, even liking their beauty or aesthetics is rare for my standards. When it comes to "where I swing" in preference for genders, I think I have a lean for women, but I wouldn't be closed to the possibility of dating a man if he was exactly as my criteria follows, and many say this is indicative of being homorromantic/homosexual.

I only had few crushes, two of them were friends and one just a smart guy but I was very, very young.

I'm not christian or religious, by the way, if anyone thinks that is related.

How can I figure this out?

Thanks.

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @MilenaΒ Welcome to the community!

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums. I am going to tag our Trained Mentors in so may be able to offer you some support and advice. @MonsoonΒ & @Blondie.

Β 

Β 

On 3/28/2022 at 10:58 PM, Milena said:

Hi. I'm female. I've been questioning my sexuality lately. I was sure I was just bisexual, but it seems that I could be demirromantic demisexual, or a homorromantic demisexual, since this is what a friend told me I probably was.

First off, demisexuality and demirromanticism seem to be both on the asexual spectrum of sexuality, and I've been suspecting that I was asexual or on the spectrum before but I wasn't so sure. To give more context, I don't see sex as a central part of my life, I could be in a romantic relationship without sex if needed, conversations about sex make me uncomfortable at times, I don't relate to saying terms such as "hot" or "sexy", and I have never imagined myself in the bed with a stranger or found them sexually attractive if attractive at all, which is rare, because I tend to appreciate their beauty and aesthetic, but not to such profound level, even liking their beauty or aesthetics is rare for my standards. When it comes to "where I swing" in preference for genders, I think I have a lean for women, but I wouldn't be closed to the possibility of dating a man if he was exactly as my criteria follows, and many say this is indicative of being homorromantic/homosexual.

I only had few crushes, two of them were friends and one just a smart guy but I was very, very young.

I'm not christian or religious, by the way, if anyone thinks that is related.

How can I figure this out?

Thanks.

Hey there,

Thanks for coming to us for support.

I'm wondering, how would you define a romantic relationship? Also, for the people you have had crushes on them, did you have any kind of more romantic feelings about them, like sexual ones, perhaps?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e