Friends leaving me out?? What do I do??

Itsme202    

Lately it feels like my friends (a group of 10) are leaving me out of things. When I talk it sounds like they aren't interested or are bored and dont care. I have always struggled with friends growing up. I lost so many and I still dont understand why. Why do they not like me or end up leaving me?? Is it my personality? As a kid I used to be called bossy but I think I changed a lot and grew out of that and feel like im not anymore and that im actually a pretty selfless person. Too selfless tbh. Because of my struggles with friends, im always constantly thinking about what they think of me or the effect of me saying something. I also dont really trust them because I just met them like 6 months ago and I have trust issues from previous friends talking bad about me, etc. So yeah and im also a very shy person. My friends all said they were scared of me or thought I was mean when I first met them but then after they noticed that I was not like that at all and that I was just shy. Because im shy I dont talk much and I feel very mature all the time not in a serious way bc I can joke around sometimes. So I feel like maybe they dont like me anymore or keep leaving me out because im like this. But idk because I do make an effort to talk to them and to actually be friendly and try being friends idk. Maybe they sense I dont trust them but its not my fault I have been hurt too many times. Ive been crying and idk what to do or what is going on. I always talked about this stuff with my mom but she also doesnt know what to do at this point and she always says that they are just jealous of me but i rlly dont know 😔

Im so sorry for writing so much. I just wanted to share more background to it so I can get better help. Thank you for spending your time reading this I appreciate it. 🙏 <3

Edited by Itsme202

12 hours ago, Itsme202 said:

Lately it feels like my friends (a group of 10) are leaving me out of things. When I talk it sounds like they aren't interested or are bored and dont care. I have always struggled with friends growing up. I lost so many and I still dont understand why. Why do they not like me or end up leaving me?? Is it my personality? As a kid I used to be called bossy but I think I changed a lot and grew out of that and feel like im not anymore and that im actually a pretty selfless person. Too selfless tbh. Because of my struggles with friends, im always constantly thinking about what they think of me or the effect of me saying something. I also dont really trust them because I just met them like 6 months ago and I have trust issues from previous friends talking bad about me, etc. So yeah and im also a very shy person. My friends all said they were scared of me or thought I was mean when I first met them but then after they noticed that I was not like that at all and that I was just shy. Because im shy I dont talk much and I feel very mature all the time not in a serious way bc I can joke around sometimes. So I feel like maybe they dont like me anymore or keep leaving me out because im like this. But idk because I do make an effort to talk to them and to actually be friendly and try being friends idk. Maybe they sense I dont trust them but its not my fault I have been hurt too many times. Ive been crying and idk what to do or what is going on. I always talked about this stuff with my mom but she also doesnt know what to do at this point and she always says that they are just jealous of me but i rlly dont know 😔

Im so sorry for writing so much. I just wanted to share more background to it so I can get better help. Thank you for spending your time reading this I appreciate it. 🙏 <3

Hey there,

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to our members :)

There's no need to apologise and you've come to the right place. It sounds like this is all very confusing for you, and it can be so upsetting when we feel like we are being left out and people are treating us differently. I'm wondering, have you thought about talking to them about this? It might be the only way to sort it out, and if something is going on, it would give you an opportunity to talk through it. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e