low self esteem

A_fellow_Introvert    

I've never realy liked my body, since I was a kid I'm underweight and almost pale because I never liked exercise and leave home out of fear of what people would think of my appearance, in short I'm very insecure. My friends aways told me to shave the body, they saiy it was better for the appearance and more hygienic, and I agree with them, so today I finnaly took courage to shave my body because I was wanting this for a long time and I tough I would look batter, I would start liking myself... But I was wrong I like having the body shaved but I feel awful, I think I'm skinnier and pale than ever and I hate myself even moro for thinking this way. I don't know waht to do anymore and I have a barbecue with my friends tomorrow and wearing long cloaths is not an option (althought I would love) it's like 30°C in here.

19 hours ago, A_fellow_Introvert said:

I've never realy liked my body, since I was a kid I'm underweight and almost pale because I never liked exercise and leave home out of fear of what people would think of my appearance, in short I'm very insecure. My friends aways told me to shave the body, they saiy it was better for the appearance and more hygienic, and I agree with them, so today I finnaly took courage to shave my body because I was wanting this for a long time and I tough I would look batter, I would start liking myself... But I was wrong I like having the body shaved but I feel awful, I think I'm skinnier and pale than ever and I hate myself even moro for thinking this way. I don't know waht to do anymore and I have a barbecue with my friends tomorrow and wearing long cloaths is not an option (althought I would love) it's like 30°C in here.

Hey there,

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support :)

I can really sense how hard you're being on yourself at the moment which we all struggle with at points. I'm wondering, on a scale of 1-10, how low would you say your self-esteem is? 1 = very low and 10 = not low at all.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e