I'm scared to come out to my parents as bi

needtoknow    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

I'm not so sure about my father but my mother seems pretty much okay with topic of homosexuality, even though I know what LGBT+ means, I wanted to she how she would react if I asked her what it means. she told me it means lesbian, gay, she didnt know what B was and transgender. I asked her what that meant and she explained it to me calmly. I was just genuinely happy because she seemed so cool with the topic while explaining it. but after a few weeks the was an LGBT couple on the television and she asked me to  study, I didnt understand if she asked me to go study because I've been watching for a long time or because of the couple. so the next day I asked her if two men get married do they still throw a bouquet and she said probably not. and now idk if I should come out or not, I mean she seems fine with everything but I can still give  lot of reasons why not to come out for example

- idk if my father is okay with topic

-she might be okay with others being part of the lgbt+ community but not her daughter

-maybe she was only fine with me asking questions but not actually being bi

-maybe my parents will hate me.

and not only that, how am I even going to come out, like I cant just randomly walk into the room and go like "OH HEY MOM AND DAD IM BISEXUAL, I LIKE GIRLS AND GUYS!!"

someone pls help

• Solution
4 hours ago, needtoknow said:

I'm not so sure about my father but my mother seems pretty much okay with topic of homosexuality, even though I know what LGBT+ means, I wanted to she how she would react if I asked her what it means. she told me it means lesbian, gay, she didnt know what B was and transgender. I asked her what that meant and she explained it to me calmly. I was just genuinely happy because she seemed so cool with the topic while explaining it. but after a few weeks the was an LGBT couple on the television and she asked me to  study, I didnt understand if she asked me to go study because I've been watching for a long time or because of the couple. so the next day I asked her if two men get married do they still throw a bouquet and she said probably not. and now idk if I should come out or not, I mean she seems fine with everything but I can still give  lot of reasons why not to come out for example

- idk if my father is okay with topic

-she might be okay with others being part of the lgbt+ community but not her daughter

-maybe she was only fine with me asking questions but not actually being bi

-maybe my parents will hate me.

and not only that, how am I even going to come out, like I cant just randomly walk into the room and go like "OH HEY MOM AND DAD IM BISEXUAL, I LIKE GIRLS AND GUYS!!"

someone pls help

Hey,

All of these thoughts you're having are completely normal and understandable; coming out is nerve-wracking, and it's really common to overthink how people close to you behave when something relating to LGBTQ+ identities comes up. I've supported many people who are wondering what their parents think, and my learning is that if they did have negative attitudes towards the community, you would have experienced them by now, especially when you asked her to explain the identities. What do you think? Also, there could be so many reasons as to why she asked you to go and study; maybe she just wanted to make sure you got your work done? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e