Is it okay to be afraid?

needtoknow    

I love my family, i care for them and i know they care for me. But I'm really very scared of my father for some reason, he gets angry easily and I'm just scared to talk with him or even make eye contact with him. I feel because of him even i am developing short temper, just few months ago i was calming myself down and trying not to get angry and it worked for a while, but these days i realised im starting to get annoyed and show anger towards people again. I really don't want to take out my frustration and anger on others but i am doing so. Is it normal to be afraid of your father and act like him?

Hey,

I think that any home should be a place where you feel safe and secure, and it sounds like you might not have that at the moment. What do you think? I’m wondering, has he ever done anything to harm you or anyone else in your family? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 3/5/2022 at 7:04 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I think that any home should be a place where you feel safe and secure, and it sounds like you might not have that at the moment. What do you think? I’m wondering, has he ever done anything to harm you or anyone else in your family? 

no, he didnt really do anything but he just really gets angry easily, but when he gets angry he just storms out of the house to calm himself down, it either goes like that or a huge fight breaks out in the family which usually goes on for around a half an hour to an hour. but recently i have realized that he has been trying his best to not get angry

4 hours ago, needtoknow said:

no, he didnt really do anything but he just really gets angry easily, but when he gets angry he just storms out of the house to calm himself down, it either goes like that or a huge fight breaks out in the family which usually goes on for around a half an hour to an hour. but recently i have realized that he has been trying his best to not get angry

Hey,

Yeah, that sounds like it must be pretty hard to deal with as a member of the family. Just circling back to something you said in your first comment: you said you're scared of him, and I'm wondering, are you scared that he will hurt you, or is it something else?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e