How do I hit someone up that I barely know?

Foggy_the_enby    

So I’m having a mini crisis. This girl earlier this week sent me a friend request on Facebook, and at first I didn’t recognise her, but I started looking at her previous profile pics to be curious and to see if I did know her, and the first thing that popped into my head was something like “wow… she’s really hot” which got be into more of a mess because I don’t accept friend requests from people I don’t know but she’s really pretty and I gay panicked.

But anyway I realised we have quite a few “mutual friends” which led me to believe that she must have gone to my secondary school. It then eventually clicked who she could be so I accepted the friend request. Anyway I think I know who she is but I still can’t remember much about her at all 😅 All I know is that it’s not really dangerous to have accepted her friend request if we’ve never met as we literally know quite a few of the same people and she lives nearby. Besides she probably did recognise my name to friend me.

Which leads me to this. I want to hit her up, I want to get to know her, but I don’t know how to without seeming weird and my mild(?) social anxiety says no. I know it shouldn’t be viewed as weird to message her as it is called “Friends” on Facebook and she friended me, but half the people who friend each other only do it because they knew each other from somewhere and interact with each other on posts occasionally and that’s it. I do want to message her on Messenger, but I don’t know how 😅 I may or may not have some kind of a crush on her but I genuinely do just want to get to know her (especially if I have a crush on her). So how do I go about this and hit her up? Like, what do I say so it’s not so weird? Please help 😅 

Thank you.

Hey there,

Thanks for coming to us with advice about this - how exciting! Why do you think she added you? I'm thinking, maybe you could just message and thank her for adding you, and maybe mention some of the mutual friends you have. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for coming to us with advice about this - how exciting! Why do you think she added you? I'm thinking, maybe you could just message and thank her for adding you, and maybe mention some of the mutual friends you have. What do you think? 

I don’t actually know why she added me, but I’m assuming she just recognised my name possibly or maybe assumed she also knew me??? I might do that, but it seems a bit weird in my brain to message her that a few days later (who knows, maybe it might not be). Though I do notice she’s mutual as with someone I know at college so I could speak about her to her possibly.

Yeah, I think it's completely fine to message, especially as you don't know her, so it's normal to ask who they are, that kind of thing. What are your thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Yeah, I think it's completely fine to message, especially as you don't know her, so it's normal to ask who they are, that kind of thing. What are your thoughts? 

I might try it. I’ll let you know when I have and how it went. Thank you :))

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Foggy_the_enby said:

I might try it. I’ll let you know when I have and how it went. Thank you :))

Great. I'll look forward to it :) 

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Raina Adair said:

is uh- anyone here 🥲 I  am depressed

Hey,

I just saw that you posted a topic about this, so I will reply there. Speak soon. 

11 hours ago, RainaA said:

is uh- anyone here 🥲 I  am depressed

Hello there,

I hear you, welcome to the forum lovely to meet you. How are things today? Do you feel any better since you posted this? Of course, our feelings won't change in a matter of seconds but with the fight support we can make sure our mental health is getting the fight support. Have you got any counselling or someone who you could talk to if you're struggling as you matter and deserve to be supported. Of course, @Monsoon is here for you but i would like to know you are being supported, sending my love, 

Lulu/Leila