Do I deserve confidence?

Lani    

So. Im a tall thin blonde with nice features. I have an amazing job that I work hard at. Im a good friend and I care about others deeply. I try hard to improve myself to those around me. Yet I am extremely hard on myself. I cannot accept anything positive from others, compliments, spoken rewards, nice gestures, etc. I hate when people say they love me. Those words hurt. What should I do about this? 

4 hours ago, Lani said:

So. Im a tall thin blonde with nice features. I have an amazing job that I work hard at. Im a good friend and I care about others deeply. I try hard to improve myself to those around me. Yet I am extremely hard on myself. I cannot accept anything positive from others, compliments, spoken rewards, nice gestures, etc. I hate when people say they love me. Those words hurt. What should I do about this? 

Hey there. Thanks for sharing with us.

I noticed the title of your topic, and I'm wondering, do you think you deserve confidence? It's a really interesting question to ask of yourself and I'm curious to know your answer. Also, I'm wondering, have you always disliked receiving anything positive from other people? If not, I wonder, what changed to make you start disliking it?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there. Thanks for sharing with us.

I noticed the title of your topic, and I'm wondering, do you think you deserve confidence? It's a really interesting question to ask of yourself and I'm curious to know your answer. Also, I'm wondering, have you always disliked receiving anything positive from other people? If not, I wonder, what changed to make you start disliking it?

I think I deserve to be confident but deep down everything positive about me is all wrong. Yes ive always disliked positivity from other towards me. I want to accept it but i have a mental block for that. 

On 2/18/2022 at 11:18 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there. Can you tell me more about what you mean when you say everything positive about you is all wrong?

Sorry I took so long, I overthink alot and start to think that the good things ive done are actually harming others. I feel like im  fake on the outside and im a bad person on the inside

Thank you for telling me more. Can you tell me about one of the good things you've done that you think might have harmed someone else? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e