WWYD?

TheOriginalAxel    

Hey all, I am writing this after a student made a homophobic remark at school about one of my friends and he literally said to one of his own friends (who is also homophobic) 'I'm sitting next to an LGBTQ, it's disgusting' which really made me tick so I was wondering WWYD?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I think it would be good to pass this onto a member of staff so they can sort it out. What do you think? 

I did, but the student point blank denied that he said it which made me even angrier.

• Like 1

If it were me, I'd probably say something like 'I'm sitting next to a homophobe, it's disgusting' back at them

Well, I can do one better by printing out a copy of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Act and highlight Article 7 which states 'All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination' which means that homophobia is basically a crime and that they should expect to hear from my solicitors within the next few days if it ever happens again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

Well, I can do one better by printing out a copy of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Act and highlight Article 7 which states 'All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination' which means that homophobia is basically a crime and that they should expect to hear from my solicitors within the next few days if it ever happens again.

You are really enjoying Article 7, aren't you? :) 

Yeah, you could do that.

1 minute ago, Wingedwolf12 said:

You are really enjoying Article 7, aren't you? :) 

Yeah, you could do that.

yes I am enjoying Article 7 becuase it essentially says that discrimination is illegal.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

I did, but the student point blank denied that he said it which made me even angrier.

Ah, that's a shame. It's good that you passed it on though because if another report is made in future, they will then have that background info and be able to identify a theme. You did a good thing passing it on. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Well, I spemt most of the evening yesterday typing up the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Act, so that I can print off a few copies and highlight Article 7 Which clearly states 'All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination. ' so that they know they are actually going against not only the Human Rights Act, but the law as well.

3 hours ago, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

Well, I spemt most of the evening yesterday typing up the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Act, so that I can print off a few copies and highlight Article 7 Which clearly states 'All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination. ' so that they know they are actually going against not only the Human Rights Act, but the law as well.

Hey there,

I wonder, do you think the person knows now that what they did was wrong? It sounds like it was a close call in that they nearly got found out and might not do it again. What do you think? 

2 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I wonder, do you think the person knows now that what they did was wrong? It sounds like it was a close call in that they nearly got found out and might not do it again. What do you think? 

Well, they did get found out because I told out assistant head of year and they were still being homophobic afterwards but I wasn't able to hear what they were sayong properly but now, I am keeping a hand written log of every homophobic remark that I hear.

11 hours ago, Taken Elated Homoromantic said:

Well, they did get found out because I told out assistant head of year and they were still being homophobic afterwards but I wasn't able to hear what they were sayong properly but now, I am keeping a hand written log of every homophobic remark that I hear.

Hey there,

Ah, that's a shame that they carried on. Could it be a good idea to write down who else sees it as well so they can back you up?

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, that's a shame that they carried on. Could it be a good idea to write down who else sees it as well so they can back you up?

Yes it is a good idea and I started doing it today.

• Like 1