This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

How do I deal with friends like this?

Aidan_Deku    

I have a few groups of friends, one group at my school is complicated. At least with some of the friends in it. They make me so upset sometimes, like i'm so kind and always supportive with them but they don't show it back. I don't remember one time they ever were that supportive to me. They never understand how I feel I have insomnia, Adhd, Anxiety, and depression. I sent them articles to help me feel better but then they text this. "Well why don't you do these things?" I was pissed. I don't want to be treated like shit for no reason while I'm so kind to them ofc we fight but it's for a reason, I had to deal with multiple people and still kept my ground. They also know i'm an introvert so it's hard for me to socialize. This week I was nearly sexually assaulted in my school but I slapped there hand away, I told my friends (Isaac and Andrew) one of them laughed.  I texted my friend group from school how I deal with insomnia, Adhd, Anxiety, and depression and I have been up for 5 days straight, they new that was true but one of them still had the audacity to think I was joking. I want to be taken seriously. I want a stable friendship where i'm not the only one that has to deal with all of my problems and to help everyone else, recently Ive been self harming myself with a pair of  sizers. I'm only 12 turning 13 I shouldn't be this worried about life and I shouldn't have all these problems. Sorry if my spelling is bad and also thank you for reading this I just really needed to talk with someone lately. Should I keep these people as friends? 

Edited by Aidan_Deku

1 hour ago, Aidan_Deku said:

I have a few groups of friends, one group at my school is complicated. At least with some of the friends in it. They make me so upset sometimes, like i'm so kind and always supportive with them but they don't show it back. I don't remember one time they ever were that supportive to me. They never understand how I feel I have insomnia, Adhd, Anxiety, and depression. I sent them articles to help me feel better but then they text this. "Well why don't you do these things?" I was pissed. I don't want to be treated like shit for no reason while I'm so kind to them ofc we fight but it's for a reason, I had to deal with multiple people and still kept my ground. They also know i'm an introvert so it's hard for me to socialize. This week I was nearly sexually assaulted in my school but I slapped there hand away, I told my friends (Isaac and Andrew) one of them laughed.  I texted my friend group from school how I deal with insomnia, Adhd, Anxiety, and depression and I have been up for 5 days straight, they new that was true but one of them still had the audacity to think I was joking. I want to be taken seriously. I want a stable friendship where i'm not the only one that has to deal with all of my problems and to help everyone else, recently Ive been self harming myself with a pair of  sizers. I'm only 12 turning 13 I shouldn't be this worried about life and I shouldn't have all these problems. Sorry if my spelling is bad and also thank you for reading this I just really needed to talk with someone lately. Should I keep these people as friends? 

Hey Aidan,

Thank you for coming to us for support. It sounds like you're going through a lot at the moment and I just want you to know that were are here for you. Just before I talk with you more about how everything is going, I just want to check in about the sexual assault that nearly happened. How are you feeling about this? It sounds like an awful experience and I cannot imagine how upset it must have made you feel. I'm wondering, have you told anyone in school about what happened, like a teacher for example? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey there,

I just want you to know that I've sent you a message to support you further and I hope to hear back from you soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e