Does anyone else agree that social media is toxic?

heymomifoundthewifitsgay Β  Β 

Recently social media toxicity has been on my mind. I see lots of people on the internet promoting toxic lifestyles, getting followers, subscribers, and money. Also, it seems like the bigwigs of social media are very toxic, and often not expecting of others. Any one else feel this way?

18 hours ago, RussianKai said:

Recently social media toxicity has been on my mind. I see lots of people on the internet promoting toxic lifestyles, getting followers, subscribers, and money. Also, it seems like the bigwigs of social media are very toxic, and often not expecting of others. Any one else feel this way?

Hey there,

Totally - it can really suck you in and have an impact on your wellbeing. I think the problem is that it's so addictive because it gives you little rewards often. Do you use social media quite a bit or are you not really into it?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi @Monsoon! I'm not really into TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or anything really like that. My parents don't like it, and I'm not allowed to use it.Β 

23 hours ago, RussianKai said:

Hi @Monsoon! I'm not really into TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or anything really like that. My parents don't like it, and I'm not allowed to use it.Β 

Hey there,

Oh, fair enough! How come your parent's don't like it?Β 

Hi @Monsoon! They don’t want to interact with strangers online, but that’s also negative because I bet there is other people like me online.

16 hours ago, RussianKai said:

Hi @Monsoon! They don’t want to interact with strangers online, but that’s also negative because I bet there is other people like me online.

Hey there,

Yeah, I get what you mean about how there are nice people online too. I'm wondering, is there part of you that does want to use it to meet people who could be friends with?Β