trans stereotypes suck :/

lilhal420 Β  Β 

im tired of everyone thinking that all trans people are depressed or they all like women or theyre all nonbinary and they all like frogs and certain music and animals and everything!!!!! it makes me so angry and annoyed ><Β  everyone always seems to stereotype my community and my friends and it gets so old so fast i hate it!!!!!

2 hours ago, tavko said:

im tired of everyone thinking that all trans people are depressed or they all like women or theyre all nonbinary and they all like frogs and certain music and animals and everything!!!!! it makes me so angry and annoyed ><Β  everyone always seems to stereotype my community and my friends and it gets so old so fast i hate it!!!!!

Hey,

Yeah, stereotypes are really annoying and it can be hard when you experience them. If you could say one thing to people who stereotype your community, what would it be?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

21 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, stereotypes are really annoying and it can be hard when you experience them. If you could say one thing to people who stereotype your community, what would it be?Β 

i would tell them that we're all different and we don't like stereotypes and assumptions

3 hours ago, tavko said:

i would tell them that we're all different and we don't like stereotypes and assumptions

Hey there,

Yeah, the stereotypes can be really hurtful, especially when people say them coming from a mean place. Although the views can be frustrating, their stereotypes are their problem which makes it their responsibility to sort out. It's really easy to get caught up in what other people think and feel, so I think it can be helpful to remember that although it may feel like it's everything to do with you, it's actually nothing to do with you, and it's all on them. What do you think?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e