Coming out (after 4 years of getting used to being gay)

TheOriginalAxel    
Go to solution Solved by aansh,

Hey there, I am writting this because I want to come out to my family but I feel like the majority of them will judge me because there are only 3 people I know who won't judge me and they are: one of my uncles, my uncles partner, and my Aunts ex becuase my aunts ex already knows I am gay because he was the first person to work it out but the thing is, I have been dropping hints everywhere to show that I am gay so that I don't have to worry about coming out to them if they already suspect that I am gay and feel scared about it but I just don't think they are catching on but the thing is, the hints that I keep dropping are MASSIVE ones. I just don't think they have caught on yet or ever will. I am planning on coming out as soon as I turn 18 or 19 so that I have enough time to find a place of my own so that I can have a safe space to go to when I tell them.

you can do it
its just like you said 
either they catch on by themselves or you tell them when you turn 18/19
trust me its better than trying to tell your homo/trans phobic parents you're trans

all the best👍

21 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

Hey there, I am writting this because I want to come out to my family but I feel like the majority of them will judge me because there are only 3 people I know who won't judge me and they are: one of my uncles, my uncles partner, and my Aunts ex becuase my aunts ex already knows I am gay because he was the first person to work it out but the thing is, I have been dropping hints everywhere to show that I am gay so that I don't have to worry about coming out to them if they already suspect that I am gay and feel scared about it but I just don't think they are catching on but the thing is, the hints that I keep dropping are MASSIVE ones. I just don't think they have caught on yet or ever will. I am planning on coming out as soon as I turn 18 or 19 so that I have enough time to find a place of my own so that I can have a safe space to go to when I tell them.

Hey there,

That's great that you want to come out to them; how does it feel knowing that there are three people who won't judge you? I'm wondering, can you tell me more about the hints you've been dropping? How do you think they'll react?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Just now, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's great that you want to come out to them; how does it feel knowing that there are three people who won't judge you? I'm wondering, can you tell me more about the hints you've been dropping? How do you think they'll react?

the hints are things like the way I walk, the way I talk and quite a few other things

2 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

the hints are things like the way I walk, the way I talk and quite a few other things

oh well i get you i've been leaving hints abt being trans too but no one really cares enough to notice 

try being a bit friendly with your parents trust them enough to let them trust you 

why dont you try writing your thoughts in the form of a poem it really helps

19 minutes ago, aansh said:

oh well i get you i've been leaving hints abt being trans too but no one really cares enough to notice 

try being a bit friendly with your parents trust them enough to let them trust you 

why dont you try writing your thoughts in the form of a poem it really helps

I am not trans I am originaly male and still am male

• Solution
Just now, Elated Homoromantic said:

I am not trans I am originally male and still am male

yea i get that but i'm trans and my parents are trans/homo phobic and so i've been leaving hints as to they might pick it up and accept me...

well to you i'd say try listening to your parents and from their talks you can figure out if they're  accepting or not then you can decide weather to tell them now when you're old enough to support yourself

3 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

Hey there,

I'm wondering, do you still want to speak about this at the moment? I'm just mindful of your break-up and that you might want to talk about other things at the moment. Let me know what you think. Speak soon. 

20 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm wondering, do you still want to speak about this at the moment? I'm just mindful of your break-up and that you might want to talk about other things at the moment. Let me know what you think. Speak soon. 

yeah I am fine with talking about it because I feel like I have higher self esteem after speeking to someone from the SHOUT helpline

Hey there,

I’m glad you’re feeling better after speaking to someone from the helpline. I’m wondering then, with the hints you’ve been dropping, do you think it could be that they’ve realised and just don’t want to say anything? It might be that they are letting you do it in your own time and following your lead. What do you think? 

6 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I’m glad you’re feeling better after speaking to someone from the helpline. I’m wondering then, with the hints you’ve been dropping, do you think it could be that they’ve realised and just don’t want to say anything? It might be that they are letting you do it in your own time and following your lead. What do you think? 

You might have a point but my nan always speaks her mind and she doesn't care if it seriously offends people such as my self