Jump to content

Feeling self conscious


Recommended Posts

I am writting this because my dentist says I need braces but I haven't been able to get into my dentists recently and I am starting to feel slightly self conscious about my teeth so most of the time when I am talking to people, I have started putting my hand on my top lip so that it covers my mouth because I don't like people seeing my teeth and I just don't know what to do about it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling self-conscious about your braces. Can I ask, have you always felt this way about your teeth, or has it only been since the dentist told you that you need braces? Have you had any thoughts about whether you're going to get them or not? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling self-conscious about your braces. Can I ask, have you always felt this way about your teeth, or has it only been since the dentist told you that you need braces? Have you had any thoughts about whether you're going to get them or not? 

I have only been feeling like this since I was told I needed braces when I was about 7 or 8 and I do want them because they look cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

Ah, okay, so before you were told, you didn't feel self-conscious. I'm wondering, what will help you to not feel as self-conscious at this point? It's good that you've been like that before, and because you have, this shows to me that you can feel that way again. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay, so before you were told, you didn't feel self-conscious. I'm wondering, what will help you to not feel as self-conscious at this point? It's good that you've been like that before, and because you have, this shows to me that you can feel that way again. What do you think? 

I am not sure but I also think it started when one of my uncles and I were play fighting and he knocked out my tooth and it is mainly my front teeth that make me feel self conscious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
4 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I am not sure but I also think it started when one of my uncles and I were play fighting and he knocked out my tooth and it is mainly my front teeth that make me feel self conscious

Hey there,

Ah, okay. Do you think you need the braces to feel better, or could you feel less self-conscious again without them? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay. Do you think you need the braces to feel better, or could you feel less self-conscious again without them? 

I feel like I need them because I don't feel comfortable with the way my teeth currently look

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I feel like I need them because I don't feel comfortable with the way my teeth currently look

Hey there,

Ah, okay, and how do you think the braces will change the way you feel? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay, and how do you think the braces will change the way you feel? 

I think they will help me becuase I know they will straighten my teeth and I will no longer be self conscious about smiling in public or on school picture day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not too sure because I was meant to have an appointment in April 2020 but because of COVID I wasn't able to go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I am not too sure because I was meant to have an appointment in April 2020 but because of COVID I wasn't able to go

Hey,

Ah, okay, well hopefully you can get in soon for your appointment then because it sounds like you're quite keen :)

 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Ah, okay, well hopefully you can get in soon for your appointment then because it sounds like you're quite keen :)

I am very keen but I am not sure what colour brackets to go for

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I am very keen but I am not sure what colour brackets to go for

Hey,

Oh, I didn't know you were able to choose. Do you know what colours are available? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Oh, I didn't know you were able to choose. Do you know what colours are available? 

I know that they do light blue so I might go for that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I know that they do light blue so I might go for that

Hey there,

That's exciting! Let us know how it goes when you get the chance to go :) 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...