Feeling self conscious

TheOriginalAxel    

I am writting this because my dentist says I need braces but I haven't been able to get into my dentists recently and I am starting to feel slightly self conscious about my teeth so most of the time when I am talking to people, I have started putting my hand on my top lip so that it covers my mouth because I don't like people seeing my teeth and I just don't know what to do about it

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling self-conscious about your braces. Can I ask, have you always felt this way about your teeth, or has it only been since the dentist told you that you need braces? Have you had any thoughts about whether you're going to get them or not? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling self-conscious about your braces. Can I ask, have you always felt this way about your teeth, or has it only been since the dentist told you that you need braces? Have you had any thoughts about whether you're going to get them or not? 

I have only been feeling like this since I was told I needed braces when I was about 7 or 8 and I do want them because they look cool

Hey there,

Ah, okay, so before you were told, you didn't feel self-conscious. I'm wondering, what will help you to not feel as self-conscious at this point? It's good that you've been like that before, and because you have, this shows to me that you can feel that way again. What do you think? 

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay, so before you were told, you didn't feel self-conscious. I'm wondering, what will help you to not feel as self-conscious at this point? It's good that you've been like that before, and because you have, this shows to me that you can feel that way again. What do you think? 

I am not sure but I also think it started when one of my uncles and I were play fighting and he knocked out my tooth and it is mainly my front teeth that make me feel self conscious

4 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I am not sure but I also think it started when one of my uncles and I were play fighting and he knocked out my tooth and it is mainly my front teeth that make me feel self conscious

Hey there,

Ah, okay. Do you think you need the braces to feel better, or could you feel less self-conscious again without them? 

9 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay. Do you think you need the braces to feel better, or could you feel less self-conscious again without them? 

I feel like I need them because I don't feel comfortable with the way my teeth currently look

1 hour ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I feel like I need them because I don't feel comfortable with the way my teeth currently look

Hey there,

Ah, okay, and how do you think the braces will change the way you feel? 

27 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Ah, okay, and how do you think the braces will change the way you feel? 

I think they will help me becuase I know they will straighten my teeth and I will no longer be self conscious about smiling in public or on school picture day

Hey there,

Well it sounds like the braces are a win win for you then :) 

When do you think you'll be able to get down to the dentist? 

I am not too sure because I was meant to have an appointment in April 2020 but because of COVID I wasn't able to go

16 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I am not too sure because I was meant to have an appointment in April 2020 but because of COVID I wasn't able to go

Hey,

Ah, okay, well hopefully you can get in soon for your appointment then because it sounds like you're quite keen :)

7 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Ah, okay, well hopefully you can get in soon for your appointment then because it sounds like you're quite keen :)

I am very keen but I am not sure what colour brackets to go for

11 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I am very keen but I am not sure what colour brackets to go for

Hey,

Oh, I didn't know you were able to choose. Do you know what colours are available? 

17 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Oh, I didn't know you were able to choose. Do you know what colours are available? 

I know that they do light blue so I might go for that

16 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I know that they do light blue so I might go for that

Hey there,

That's exciting! Let us know how it goes when you get the chance to go :)