I used to be racist

Adrenmydndelf Β  Β 

I am 15 and grew up in a home where I was raised to belive my race was superier to all others, because of this I used to hate on people whowere not the same race as me. About a year ago I began to feel bad and now I have tried to make amends and wanted some sugestions for how to?

12 hours ago, Adrenmydndelf said:

I am 15 and grew up in a home where I was raised to belive my race was superier to all others, because of this I used to hate on people whowere not the same race as me. About a year ago I began to feel bad and now I have tried to make amends and wanted some sugestions for how to?

Hello @Adrenmydndelf

Welcome to our community. I think it's really brave of you to admit that you used to be racist and have since tried to make amends. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about the changes you've made since?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Ive tried to apoligize and change my perspective on people in general by making freinds and overall being more exepting but I still feel a strong guilt and was hoping to learn how to be a better person in this regard

Hey there,

It's really good to hear that you've apologised and changed your perspective. It's really hard to own up to racism and apologise, and I think it's amazing that you've been able to do this. I'm wondering, do you think there's anything else you could be doing to make progress?Β 

On 1/6/2022 at 1:00 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

It's really good to hear that you've apologised and changed your perspective. It's really hard to own up to racism and apologise, and I think it's amazing that you've been able to do this. I'm wondering, do you think there's anything else you could be doing to make progress?Β 

thats what im woundering

Hey,

Yeah, sure. Let's say a friend came to you with the same question; what advice would you give to them?Β 

Hey,

That's okay. To be honest, it sounds like you're doing plenty at the moment. I'm wondering, how would you say your thoughts and feelings have changed towards the groups of people you used to be racist towards?Β 

I've been more friendly and have diversified my friend group, the only thing I say that might be interpretedΒ  as racist is I still call my white friends gringo but I still feel guilty

15 hours ago, Adrenmydndelf said:

I've been more friendly and have diversified my friend group, the only thing I say that might be interpretedΒ  as racist is I still call my white friends gringo but I still feel guilty

Hey there,

I'm really glad to hear that you've diversified your friendship group. How has it been for you and what have you learnt with being more diverse in this way?Β