Homophobic parents

TerBiBi    

(English is not my first language, sorry if I make any mistakes)

Hi! I am a Bisexual Girl, and I need some help. My parents are really, really homophobic. 

And I've been homophobic  all my life too, but I was taught in school that homophobia is wrong. 
(My parents when they found out that I was taught that in school, they were very angry.)
I stopped hating the Lgbtq community but I didn't help them or support them, for fear of my parents.
But when I was 13 years old I fell in love with a friend (girl). (That girl supports LGBTQ people.) 
I am still in love with that girl but I am not able to tell her how I feel, even though she supports LGBTQ, I am afraid that she is straight, and even more afraid that my parents will find out (my dad has said they will resort to violence if I come home with a girlfriend).
I am afraid. But I can't just leave home or something...I'm only 14!
I want to tell an adult, other than my parents, to help me, but I don't know any. That's why I searched on the internet and came to this website.
Any advice?

• Pride 1

20 hours ago, TerBiBi said:

(English is not my first language, sorry if I make any mistakes)

Hi! I am a Bisexual Girl, and I need some help. My parents are really, really homophobic. 

And I've been homophobic  all my life too, but I was taught in school that homophobia is wrong. 
(My parents when they found out that I was taught that in school, they were very angry.)
I stopped hating the Lgbtq community but I didn't help them or support them, for fear of my parents.
But when I was 13 years old I fell in love with a friend (girl). (That girl supports LGBTQ people.) 
I am still in love with that girl but I am not able to tell her how I feel, even though she supports LGBTQ, I am afraid that she is straight, and even more afraid that my parents will find out (my dad has said they will resort to violence if I come home with a girlfriend).
I am afraid. But I can't just leave home or something...I'm only 14!
I want to tell an adult, other than my parents, to help me, but I don't know any. That's why I searched on the internet and came to this website.
Any advice?

Hey there,

Welcome to our community :)

I'm glad to hear that you have stopped hating the LGBTQ+ community. I think that it's brave to acknowledge when you have been homophobic in the past. I'm wondering, if you did come out to your parents, how do you think they would react? If they reacted badly, do you think they would eventually come around to the idea?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e