This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheOriginalAxel Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I have a friend who is suicidal and they self harm and I don't know what to do and if there is anything I can do to help them.

4 hours ago, Elated Homoromantic said:

I have a friend who is suicidal and they self harm and I don't know what to do and if there is anything I can do to help them.

Hey there.

Thanks for coming to us for support. I'm wondering, do you feel like your friend is safe at the moment? If not, you can call the police and ask them to do a welfare check which is where they make sure the person is okay. Also, I'm wondering, do her parents/carers know about what's going on for their child? If not, I would consider telling them so they can help her get the support you need. Just incase, please pass this information onto your friend incase they are in a mental health crisis and need urgent support:Β 

Β 

• UK - The Samaritans:Β 116 123 (24/7 mental health crisis service)
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines:Β https://www.befrienders.org
  • An app I can recommend:Β https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/Β this has safety plans to make sure the individual doesn't hurt theirselfΒ 
  • If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

13 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there.

Thanks for coming to us for support. I'm wondering, do you feel like your friend is safe at the moment? If not, you can call the police and ask them to do a welfare check which is where they make sure the person is okay. Also, I'm wondering, do her parents/carers know about what's going on for their child? If not, I would consider telling them so they can help her get the support you need. Just incase, please pass this information onto your friend incase they are in a mental health crisis and need urgent support:Β 

• UK - The Samaritans:Β 116 123 (24/7 mental health crisis service)
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines:Β https://www.befrienders.org
  • An app I can recommend:Β https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/Β this has safety plans to make sure the individual doesn't hurt theirselfΒ 
  • If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

Yes I feel like they are safe because I have just been speaking to them on insta

Do your best to show that you're there for them, and they can share anything. Try and talk to them, and if it seems as though they have plans to kill themselves in the near future,Β  or seem to be going to far with self harming, let someone who can help them know.

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/2/2022 at 11:58 AM, Elated Homoromantic said:

Yes I feel like they are safe because I have just been speaking to them on insta

Hey there,

How have they been doing since? Do their parents/carers know what's going on with your friend at the moment?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e