I like my friend

Emmabobemma    

Okay so I have this friend at school who is non-binary and lesbian and thinks I’m straight-I’m bi. A few days after knowing them, they said they liked me. I was like I’m straight and not really interested-I wasn’t at the time- and they were like ok cool you know whatever. So anyways we’ve known each other for about six months and we ft a lot and talk and now they have a different crush who goes to a different school. But now I like them. But they don’t like me back.  Also they think I’m straight.  So I know that most likely nothing will happen and I will get over the feeling but I really like them. It took me a while to like own up and say that I like them. Like to myself. Because I knew I liked them I just didn’t want that to happen because that would suck but I did so I tried to pretend I didn’t but I like them a lot so I’ve been frank with myself. And I’m friends with them and I don’t want to mess that up.  I don’t know it’s really just a mess and I wanted to rant about it. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
6 hours ago, Emmabobemma said:

Okay so I have this friend at school who is non-binary and lesbian and thinks I’m straight-I’m bi. A few days after knowing them, they said they liked me. I was like I’m straight and not really interested-I wasn’t at the time- and they were like ok cool you know whatever. So anyways we’ve known each other for about six months and we ft a lot and talk and now they have a different crush who goes to a different school. But now I like them. But they don’t like me back.  Also they think I’m straight.  So I know that most likely nothing will happen and I will get over the feeling but I really like them. It took me a while to like own up and say that I like them. Like to myself. Because I knew I liked them I just didn’t want that to happen because that would suck but I did so I tried to pretend I didn’t but I like them a lot so I’ve been frank with myself. And I’m friends with them and I don’t want to mess that up.  I don’t know it’s really just a mess and I wanted to rant about it. 

Hey @Emmabobemma I'm sure a lot of us can relate to this!

If you do feel that you want to say something, I would have a 1-1 chat and don't mention anything about liking them but open up about how you identity - this would them remove any pressure.

What do you think?  

Staff-Account.png

That’s probably a good idea. I know they would support me but the idea of coming out to someone is scary in general. It might take me a minute to prepare myself for it but I feel like I could come out to them. I feel like they would keep it a secret too and I know I can trust them. Thanks. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 hours ago, Emmabobemma said:

That’s probably a good idea. I know they would support me but the idea of coming out to someone is scary in general. It might take me a minute to prepare myself for it but I feel like I could come out to them. I feel like they would keep it a secret too and I know I can trust them. Thanks. 

You're right - it's a big thing to do so make sure it's at your own pace in your own time. It sounds like they're a great person too!

Staff-Account.png

On 12/27/2021 at 5:39 AM, Emmabobemma said:

They are. I think I’ll have some good time to do it in about mid January so I think I’ll do it then. 

Hey there,

I'm going to jump in and take over from Blondie if that's okay? :)

How are you feeling about telling them? You will have to let us know how it goes!

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey,

Yeah, I totally get the nerves and pushing through those kinds of feelings really helps you come out of your comfort zone and grow :)

Keep us updated. Good luck!

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e