What am I?

puddle    

I’m sorry I don’t know if I’m doing this right this is my first time doing a forum sorry

I used to kiss girls a lot when I was younger and I knew what what I was doing, I think girls are really pretty and I can imagine myself doing romantic things with them but I also really like boys.  And sometimes I like to be really feminine but sometimes I want to be really masculine and hate myself for being a girl? I’m so confused I don’t know what or who I am 

Hey @puddle

Welcome :)

Thank you for sharing this with us. It sounds like you're experiencing some confusion at the moment about both your sexuality and gender identity; is that fair to say? I just want to say that it's okay to be confused; many people go through periods of questioning, and I know it might not seem like it now, but it's completely normal. It will get better with time. What do you think? Can I ask, how long have you been feeling like this for? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

18 hours ago, puddle said:

I’m sorry I don’t know if I’m doing this right this is my first time doing a forum sorry

I used to kiss girls a lot when I was younger and I knew what what I was doing, I think girls are really pretty and I can imagine myself doing romantic things with them but I also really like boys.  And sometimes I like to be really feminine but sometimes I want to be really masculine and hate myself for being a girl? I’m so confused I don’t know what or who I am 

I think that you might be bisexual. do you prefer girls more than guys or is it the other way around?  And I can totally relate to how you're feeling. But may I ask, do you always feel masculine, or do you feel feminine sometimes? As a genderfluid, I prefer being masc so much more than feminine, but as to how I feel, I myself have some moments of the day or the whole day where I feel feminine and that is completely normal.  and also, have you ever considered or thought of being not a female?

On 12/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, puddle said:

There are so, so many sexualities and gender identities out there, there'll be one that fits you, and if not, or if you don't want to label yourself, that's perfectly fine. If you like both guys and girls, you could be bi, pan, omni or poly. There's so many other options too. It might be helpful to figure out if you're attracted to non-binary people as well. 

Regarding gender, there's not much I can say but there's a couple of questions you could ask yourself that I know have helped both me and some of my friends:

- are you comfortable with the idea of everyone seeing you as the gender you were assigned at birth?

- if you could press a button that kept everything about your life, your relationships, everything, the same except you were the opposite gender, would you press it?

Gender identity and sexuality can be so confusing and painful at times, but it definitely gets better.