How do I come out to my parents that I’m lesbian

Lesbian proud    

12 hours ago, Lesbian proud said:

I fell like it’s weird to tell my mom or dad or my sister and I need help

i also have anxiety so it’s not going to be that easy

Hey there,

I think that it's really common to feel this way about asking for help, especially if you're not used to asking for it from those that you're close to. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about why you feel it's weird? Where does that feeling come from? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

It’s weird because I feel like they don’t understand what’s going on in my head, and I can’t find the right time to tell them, I don’t want to just walk in to my sitting room and just straight up…….. “IM LESBIAN “

Hey there,

Ah, okay, I see what you mean. I’m wondering, why do you feel like they won’t understand? In  terms of the right time to tell them, I think it’s good to make sure that you feel ready and comfortable enough to be able to open up about it. But in regards to the actual time, it works well to make sure there is enough time to talk things through if needs be, so try to pick a time when you know they don’t have to go out or do anything else soon. What do you think? 

11 hours ago, Lesbian proud said:

That’s a good idea

i don’t know why they wouldn’t understand 

Hey there,

Glad to hear that you think it's a good idea; if you'd like anymore advice about the actual coming out part, just let me know :)

Can I ask, when do you think you might do it? Also, how are you feeling about it all? 

That’s lovely! You must be feeling good that it went well? These positive experiences are really good for helping build your confidence around coming out, so I’m glad that you had this experience. What do you think your next step will be? :)