i need to come out to my parents but they are homophobic

fede    

well ive started dating a girl recently and thats when i knew i am lesbian. I didnt find any interest in guys and thats why ive also thought about it alot. I want to come out to my parents since i want them to know soon/someday that i am dating someone but i know they wont accept me and say rude things to me because they are very strict and homophobic. I dont know what to do

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey Fede, welcome to the community! 😊

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, and I just wanted to say it’s really positive that you’ve found us, we have some trained Mentors on the forum who can give you some advice and support, if you’d like that?

I will tag them in to this post. @Monsoon & @Blondie

Look forward to seeing you around. 

On 12/7/2021 at 4:20 PM, fede said:

well ive started dating a girl recently and thats when i knew i am lesbian. I didnt find any interest in guys and thats why ive also thought about it alot. I want to come out to my parents since i want them to know soon/someday that i am dating someone but i know they wont accept me and say rude things to me because they are very strict and homophobic. I dont know what to do

Hey @fede

Welcome to our community. How exciting that you've started dating a girl! How is it going? Also, with coming out to your parents, I'm wondering, other than not being accepted, what else do you think might happen if you come out to them? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e