I've recently been questioning my gender identity

bisexualweeb    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

I've recently been questioning my gender identity and im not really sure where to start. (everything underlined is some backround knowledge ur free to skip over it if you would like 😊)I currently identify as a girl use she/her pronouns and i was assigned female at birth, i dont know a whole lot about gender identity because i have a very christian family and didn't know what gay was until last year, i have since realized i'm bisexual and i have a gf i havn't come out to my parents.   I have have looked at gender neutral names and i think i might be more comfertable using them, but i have long hair (i have been thinking about cutting it to shoulder length or shorter )and like a lot of things that are acossiated with the female gender, i'm a bit afraid of change but ik if i tell my friends they'll understand, (lots of my friends are LBGTQ+)  but i dont want to change pronouns and names if it might turn out that really isn't me. Help????

• Pride 1

• Solution

Hey there,

Thanks for opening up to us about this; how does it feel to share your story?

It sounds like you've got a few things that you want to try out which is exciting, like changing pronouns and names. I'm wondering, could you change your pronouns and name in your head first? So, for example, when you think of yourself, you can use the new pronouns and name and see how that goes? Many people can find this helpful and it is likely to give you an idea as to whether you'd like to tell others too. Also, that's great to hear that lots of your friends are LGBTQ+; how have they been to other people who are gender diverse/what is their understanding like of gender diversity? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

11 hours ago, bisexualweeb said:

thank u so much, that is def something i could easily try to see if i would like to use different pronouns

Hey there,

Great! Why don't you try it for the next week or so and let me know how it goes? :) 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...

Hey! I am also Bi and my familys also really religious and I just feel like alot of people need support and that person they could talk to so if you ever feel down then you can always talk to me 🙂😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1