I am physically trying not to bang my head on a wall due to this situation

ThatWitchyLesbian    

Yes, the title is really what's happening.

So, for a school paper, I decided to write a woman and woman relationship, only thinking my LGTBQ+ supporting teacher would read it. Nope. It's got reviewed by the most homophobic person in school. Now, before this happened, I talked to the school counselor. She has LGTBQ+ supporting posters all around her room, so I told her about my issue. Her response? "Oh, Katya (that's my name), you don't know it. You could be straight. It's the only pure sexuality." Wait, what? I'll come back to the counselor, but first we have to go to the homophobic student. So, she reviewed it and said, "It has fantastic writing, but do a straight romance. Gays are demonic and are going to burn in hell." AHHHHHHHHH. Sorry, that's the only way to describe my feelings. So, she told all her friends, who told their boyfriends, who are chief jerks. Now I'm being called Gay Girl as a sl*r, and I'm hiding in the bathroom doing constantly with my friend. The school counselor told all the teachers I was going off track and liking women, so they should keep an eye on me, and separate me from my classmates, which they did. So now I'm being separated from everyone, including my best friend, and when teachers aren't around, I'm being harassed. I need help!

18 hours ago, ThatWitchyLesbian said:

Yes, the title is really what's happening.

So, for a school paper, I decided to write a woman and woman relationship, only thinking my LGTBQ+ supporting teacher would read it. Nope. It's got reviewed by the most homophobic person in school. Now, before this happened, I talked to the school counselor. She has LGTBQ+ supporting posters all around her room, so I told her about my issue. Her response? "Oh, Katya (that's my name), you don't know it. You could be straight. It's the only pure sexuality." Wait, what? I'll come back to the counselor, but first we have to go to the homophobic student. So, she reviewed it and said, "It has fantastic writing, but do a straight romance. Gays are demonic and are going to burn in hell." AHHHHHHHHH. Sorry, that's the only way to describe my feelings. So, she told all her friends, who told their boyfriends, who are chief jerks. Now I'm being called Gay Girl as a sl*r, and I'm hiding in the bathroom doing constantly with my friend. The school counselor told all the teachers I was going off track and liking women, so they should keep an eye on me, and separate me from my classmates, which they did. So now I'm being separated from everyone, including my best friend, and when teachers aren't around, I'm being harassed. I need help!

Hey there,

This sounds really intense. The counsellor shouldn't be acting like that; they should be supportive and uplifting, and not judgemental of you for your sexuality. How are you feeling? I hope you're as okay as you can be. I'm wondering, have you told anyone else at the school about what's going on? I think they need to know so they can put a stop to this, so it might be worth speaking to someone who is in charge. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

@Monsoon I've told the principal, everyone, and my LGTBQ+ supporting English teacher, tried to take action, but she failed, and everyone yelled at her for supporting me. The only person at school who would start a rebellion to support me is my friend, Yelena. There's not much we can do. 

2 hours ago, ThatWitchyLesbian said:

@Monsoon I've told the principal, everyone, and my LGTBQ+ supporting English teacher, tried to take action, but she failed, and everyone yelled at her for supporting me. The only person at school who would start a rebellion to support me is my friend, Yelena. There's not much we can do. 

Hey there,

I'm glad that other people know about this, and I'm wondering, what kind of action did they take? Also, have you spoken to your parents about this? 

2 hours ago, ThatWitchyLesbian said:

@Monsoon No one really took action, honestly. My dad and I aren't talking right now.

Hey,

Ah, that must be pretty annoying for you. Can I ask, have your parents also spoken to the school? They could make a formal complaint to get things moving. Also, sorry to hear that you aren't talking to your dad right now; what happened?