I AM CONFUSION #whatthefawkismysexuality

anais.e    

Im a 17 year old female, and im confused!!!!!!    ive always been a bit boy obsessed and i CRAVE validation. But getting older i experimented with a female friend and i also find her extremely attractive (sexually too).  she kinda opened my eyes to the fact that i find a lot of other girls attractive and  non-binary people,  still some men. however ive also realised the men that im attracted to are usually celebrities and are unatainable. i can also imagine being in a relationship with all genders.  but every time i think mabye im not  straight i feel some type of guilt and i just dont know if im overthinking everything and im just straight. but also ive taken A LOT of quizzes and i usually get results other then straight, and when i get straight i find im dissapionted!!! does this mean something??  but i also dk if i actuallylike someone as a friend or more? and idk if i actually like men or just want validation? someone PLEASE HELP MEEEE

Hey there,

Welcome to our community and thank you for opening up to us about this. I'm curious to know about the guilt you're experiencing; can you tell me what you're feeling guilty about? Also, yeah, that is interesting that you feel disappointed when you get 'straight'. What do you think that could mean? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2021 at 3:30 PM, anais.e said:

Im a 17 year old female, and im confused!!!!!!    ive always been a bit boy obsessed and i CRAVE validation. But getting older i experimented with a female friend and i also find her extremely attractive (sexually too).  she kinda opened my eyes to the fact that i find a lot of other girls attractive and  non-binary people,  still some men. however ive also realised the men that im attracted to are usually celebrities and are unatainable. i can also imagine being in a relationship with all genders.  but every time i think mabye im not  straight i feel some type of guilt and i just dont know if im overthinking everything and im just straight. but also ive taken A LOT of quizzes and i usually get results other then straight, and when i get straight i find im dissapionted!!! does this mean something??  but i also dk if i actuallylike someone as a friend or more? and idk if i actually like men or just want validation? someone PLEASE HELP MEEEE

So have you had a relationship with a guy? and also, I think you might be omni ( liking everyone regardless of sexuality or gender) , poly ( liking all genders) , maybe even abrosexual ( sexually fluid). 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 9:44 PM, Chabela said:

So have you had a relationship with a guy? and also, I think you might be omni ( liking everyone regardless of sexuality or gender) , poly ( liking all genders) , maybe even abrosexual ( sexually fluid). 

I’ve had crushes but not a proper relationship. Tysm I’m definitely going to look more into those terms. 

1 hour ago, anais.e said:

I’ve had crushes but not a proper relationship. Tysm I’m definitely going to look more into those terms. 

of course! I have hopes you will find a solution :) 

On 10/28/2021 at 4:30 AM, anais.e said:

Hi, sexuality can be really confusing and I'm definitely not an an expert (if anyone can actually be an expert on this kind of thing) but I have a couple of tips that might help you.

- often questioning your sexuality can be a big sign you're not straight

- i'm lesbian and ik whenever I get straight on quizzes I feel disappointed or that something's not right

- maybe look into stuff like compulsory heterosexuality (or comphet) and do some research about other sexualities

- a lot of definitions for sexual orientations are general, not like a rule that you have to confine to otherwise you aren't said sexuality. for example, lesbian can be defined as a woman who is attracted to women, but also (in my case) someone who isn't male who is attracted to non-men. there's so many variations, and just remember that labels aren't designed to create a box that you have to fit into

- also, you don't have to use labels if you don't want to, not having a label doesn't make you any less valid

• Thanks 1