Jump to content

How do I figure out my sexuality?


Recommended Posts

Lately I've been questioning my sexuality. I am a 15 year old female and until recently I've always just assumed I was straight. I've started to obsess a bit over how pretty a girl is and I don't know if I want to look like her or just want her. I also don't know what this means for my sexuality. How do I figure out if I'm bi?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am a 15 year old female. I don't know if I'm sexually attracted to other girls or just want to look like them. How do I know the difference?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, 789 said:

Lately I've been questioning my sexuality. I am a 15 year old female and until recently I've always just assumed I was straight. I've started to obsess a bit over how pretty a girl is and I don't know if I want to look like her or just want her. I also don't know what this means for my sexuality. How do I figure out if I'm bi?

Hey there.

I saw that you posted similar topics, so I've decided to merge them; I hope that's okay :)

It's interesting that you are feeling this way about the girl in your class. I think a good starting point can be to think about a time when you were attracted to a male (if any), and then compare those feelings to how you feel about this girl. How were they different or similar? 

  • Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there.

I saw that you posted similar topics, so I've decided to merge them; I hope that's okay :)

It's interesting that you are feeling this way about the girl in your class. I think a good starting point can be to think about a time when you were attracted to a male (if any), and then compare those feelings to how you feel about this girl. How were they different or similar? 

Thankyou for your advice. I've never been in a relationship before but I have had crushes on boys. These crushes were never really strong though and I am unsure what this means, I'm not sure if it's because of my age or if I prefer girls. I also think I may be in denial as when I think I could be a lesbian or bi I feel this sense of guilt and I'm not sure why this is as both my family and I are supportive of family and friends that are apart  of the LGBTQ community.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey there,

Yeah, that's interesting. Can you tell me a little bit more about why you feel guilty? I know you said you're not sure why, but try to dig a little deeper and connect with your inner voice and listen carefully to what it's saying. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, that's interesting. Can you tell me a little bit more about why you feel guilty? I know you said you're not sure why, but try to dig a little deeper and connect with your inner voice and listen carefully to what it's saying. 

I think it's because in life everyone seems to have this idea of how my life should be. Husband, kids, nice house. And if i'm not straight I feel like i'm disappointing my family and friends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, 789 said:

I think it's because in life everyone seems to have this idea of how my life should be. Husband, kids, nice house. And if i'm not straight I feel like i'm disappointing my family and friends.

Hey there. 

I have just responded to you over private message, so we can continue talking there if that's okay? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...