How do I figure out my sexuality?

Lately I've been questioning my sexuality. I am a 15 year old female and until recently I've always just assumed I was straight. I've started to obsess a bit over how pretty a girl is and I don't know if I want to look like her or just want her. I also don't know what this means for my sexuality. How do I figure out if I'm bi?

16 hours ago, 789 said:

Lately I've been questioning my sexuality. I am a 15 year old female and until recently I've always just assumed I was straight. I've started to obsess a bit over how pretty a girl is and I don't know if I want to look like her or just want her. I also don't know what this means for my sexuality. How do I figure out if I'm bi?

Hey there.

I saw that you posted similar topics, so I've decided to merge them; I hope that's okay :)

It's interesting that you are feeling this way about the girl in your class. I think a good starting point can be to think about a time when you were attracted to a male (if any), and then compare those feelings to how you feel about this girl. How were they different or similar? 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there.

I saw that you posted similar topics, so I've decided to merge them; I hope that's okay :)

It's interesting that you are feeling this way about the girl in your class. I think a good starting point can be to think about a time when you were attracted to a male (if any), and then compare those feelings to how you feel about this girl. How were they different or similar? 

Thankyou for your advice. I've never been in a relationship before but I have had crushes on boys. These crushes were never really strong though and I am unsure what this means, I'm not sure if it's because of my age or if I prefer girls. I also think I may be in denial as when I think I could be a lesbian or bi I feel this sense of guilt and I'm not sure why this is as both my family and I are supportive of family and friends that are apart  of the LGBTQ community.

Hey there,

Yeah, that's interesting. Can you tell me a little bit more about why you feel guilty? I know you said you're not sure why, but try to dig a little deeper and connect with your inner voice and listen carefully to what it's saying. 

6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, that's interesting. Can you tell me a little bit more about why you feel guilty? I know you said you're not sure why, but try to dig a little deeper and connect with your inner voice and listen carefully to what it's saying. 

I think it's because in life everyone seems to have this idea of how my life should be. Husband, kids, nice house. And if i'm not straight I feel like i'm disappointing my family and friends.

16 hours ago, 789 said:

I think it's because in life everyone seems to have this idea of how my life should be. Husband, kids, nice house. And if i'm not straight I feel like i'm disappointing my family and friends.

Hey there. 

I have just responded to you over private message, so we can continue talking there if that's okay?