ugly

sarah_c    

i asked one of my friend to be extremely honest w me abt my appearance and he said that i wasn’t very pretty and that kind of broke me bc it’s like adding up yk w the other stuff that people have said, i’m lowkey embarrassed not gonna lie

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 10/17/2021 at 2:21 PM, sarah_c said:

i asked one of my friend to be extremely honest w me abt my appearance and he said that i wasn’t very pretty and that kind of broke me bc it’s like adding up yk w the other stuff that people have said, i’m lowkey embarrassed not gonna lie

Hi @sarah_c That must have been so hurtful and I'm sorry that happened. Sometimes people can be thoughtless (and they don't always mean to be) and don't realise the impact of the things they say. It could be that they felt awkward or was even 'teasing' but even so it hurts as I wonder if they realised this was a genuine concern of yours.

Is this something you've been worrying about recently? Can I ask - what made you ask the question?

Staff-Account.png

10 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hi @sarah_c That must have been so hurtful and I'm sorry that happened. Sometimes people can be thoughtless (and they don't always mean to be) and don't realise the impact of the things they say. It could be that they felt awkward or was even 'teasing' but even so it hurts as I wonder if they realised this was a genuine concern of yours.

Is this something you've been worrying about recently? Can I ask - what made you ask the question?

tbh it’s something i’ve been worried abt since the school year started so like a month and why u may ask ? well it’s bc i’ve noticed boys don’t show any interest in me and that never did something to me bc i just thought i intimidated them or they were just shy until the day one of my very sweet nice friend and me were talking abt looks and she was talking abt stuff and i asked her if i was ugly and she hesitated and said “well it depends everyone’s taste” and then proceeded to talk abt average people and like i know she was trying to not lie abt it and i just joked abt it and moved on, then me and my best friend were talking about mask fishing and i asked her if i was mask fishing and she instantly hesitated and lied by saying yes and that i had nice features and something abt my best friends is that i’ve known her for almost 13 years and i know her by heart so i could obviously tell that she was lying. also that guy that i asked if i was pretty, i really forced to be honest and if he was bc he said i had the body of a pretty girl but my face did not match it at all and that just disgusted me bc i don’t like when people look at my body it disgusts me to a crazy point, but that’s not the subject. Also people always say i’m ugly and stuff and i used to not care bc i thought they were joking but since stuff keeps adding up i just can’t help it but be embarrassed, i never cared abt my looks and it’s hurting me bc i always thought i was a pretty girl and that people were just to shy to talk to me but turns out neither of these were true

Hey,

It's really hurtful when people make negative comments about us, and as Blondie was saying, a lot of the time, people don't mean it and can say nasty things for loads of other different reasons. I'm wondering, are you sure they mean those comments? They might be jealous or just trying to joke around.

Also, I'm interested to know more about when you thought you were pretty. Can I ask, what did you like about yourself then? 🙂

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e