Help! I'm so confused!

KatherineC    

Hey yall Im Katherine she/her and im brand new here and definitely need help. So Im from the south and as you can assume being gay here is not that fun. Ive been struggling for awhile trying to figure out my identity and for the past few weeks kinda thought i was straight (ikr) but then i met this girl at my church. She was beautiful and she was just sitting there rocking pride bracelets and orange hair in the middle of the sanctuary. But now im confused and kinda worried cause i dont know how she identifies and she went on a date with a guy last week and im just crushing really hard. Anyway thanks for reading my life story if you have advice im completely open!

4 hours ago, KatherineC said:

Hey yall Im Katherine she/her and im brand new here and definitely need help. So Im from the south and as you can assume being gay here is not that fun. Ive been struggling for awhile trying to figure out my identity and for the past few weeks kinda thought i was straight (ikr) but then i met this girl at my church. She was beautiful and she was just sitting there rocking pride bracelets and orange hair in the middle of the sanctuary. But now im confused and kinda worried cause i dont know how she identifies and she went on a date with a guy last week and im just crushing really hard. Anyway thanks for reading my life story if you have advice im completely open!

Hey, I’m sorry to hear that your having a hard time. I have also been confused about my sexuality. I thought I was bi but I haven’t really accepted it fully myself so I had a whole crisis about it when my lesbian friend started to be touchy with me. I’m still unsure, but I’m trying not to rush into anything and take it slow. But what I’m trying to say is that you’re not alone in this! Have you tried talking to this girl you mentioned? Maybe how you feel will become clearer if you start off as friends. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KatherineC said:

hey lovely! welcome I'm Lilly

5 hours ago, Alliexo said:

Hey, I’m sorry to hear that your having a hard time. I have also been confused about my sexuality. I thought I was bi but I haven’t really accepted it fully myself so I had a whole crisis about it when my lesbian friend started to be touchy with me. I’m still unsure, but I’m trying not to rush into anything and take it slow. But what I’m trying to say is that you’re not alone in this! Have you tried talking to this girl you mentioned? Maybe how you feel will become clearer if you start off as friends. 

Yea we've been texting and we talk a lot but I still haven't worked up the nerve to ask about how she identifies especially since we're in the south and i don't want a ton of rumors flying around.

11 hours ago, KatherineC said:

Hey there @KatherineC

I have just replied to your message with the same questions, and I'm wondering, would you like to carry on chatting there or here? It's completely up to you 🙂

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

11 hours ago, KatherineC said:

Yea we've been texting and we talk a lot but I still haven't worked up the nerve to ask about how she identifies especially since we're in the south and i don't want a ton of rumors flying around.

Maybe you could ask her about her pride bracelets, something like if she supports LGBTQ +  if it feel too serious to ask her about how she identifies directly. Or about how her date went and if she likes that guy... I’m not sure if people do this but you could share a post with her that hints at it and see how she responds. Anyways it’s totally up to you and if you're nervous then give it some time and as you get to know each other she might open up to you. 

1 hour ago, Alliexo said:

Maybe you could ask her about her pride bracelets, something like if she supports LGBTQ +  if it feel too serious to ask her about how she identifies directly. Or about how her date went and if she likes that guy... I’m not sure if people do this but you could share a post with her that hints at it and see how she responds. Anyways it’s totally up to you and if you're nervous then give it some time and as you get to know each other she might open up to you. 

I'll try it thank you so much!