This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Anxiety?

Star23    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

My mom is making me go to (violin) orchestra and I am the youngest and it is a bunch of 8th grade boys (I'm younger then 8th grade) and I joined even though it started like a month ago and I don't know the songs I am so worried I will failllllllll. I also did awful on my chord test (I am trying to learn guitar in music) and I got a B+. It is horrible! Also recently I have been crying myself to sleep, and sometimes I start talking really fast and am hyper and other times I don't even want to go to school and am really tired and unhappy. Does anyone know why? Like is there something I can do to fix this? I also think I have been having panic attacks, where I start breathing really fast and crying and I can't get enough air and I think I am going to fail and I can't move. I want this to stop happening. 

Love, Star

P.S. I know this isn't really mental illness but I just don't want to get in trouble in case I said something someone doesn't like

Edited by Star23

Hey @Star23

Thank you for telling me more about how your mental health is at the moment. I do think it's good to be aware of how we are feeling and explore things that we can do to help ourselves when struggling; we all have mental health that we need to nurture, the same way we do with our physical health. You won't get into trouble here - your experiences are valid and we are here to support you 🙂

From what you've said, it kind of sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself at the moment. do you think it's fair to say that? I guess that the main thing that helped me to notice that was when you said you did awfully on your chord test, but then said that you got a B+. That is good, right? It does sound like you're having a hard time at the moment, especially with the panic and anxiety. I'm wondering, do you know what kind of things help you to calm down when you're feeling this way? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 3 weeks later...