Howdo i tell my bst friendthat i like her

Jazzy Bean    

Hey @Jazzy Bean

Welcome to our community 🙂

That's exciting that you like your best friend; what are the main things you like about her? I'm wondering, do you think she likes you back?

Also, with your parents, can I check, do you feel ready to come out? I just thought I'd ask because a lot of people feel pressure to come out when they're not ready, and there really is nothing wrong with waiting; you can go at your own pace with this. This is your journey. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I like her smile and the way she laughs at all my jokes even when their reallyyyyy stupid also i feel ready to come out but my parents wont except it at all they hated the fact that my sister had a girlfriend imagine what they'll think of me

Hey,

They are wonderful things to like about someone. How long have you known her for? 

Also, that's great that you feel ready to come out. I'm wondering, although they hated the fact that your sister had a girlfriend, I'm wondering, did their attitude change over time? I think that the love a parent has for their child is so strong, and if they don't accept LGBTQ+ at first, the strong love they have for their child can really help to open up their mind and become more accepting. It can take a while for this to happen, but it does go that way for plenty of people. What do you think?

I sent my friend a meme and she told me she didn't like me back. I got over it, and it was kind of hard but it will be ok. We are also still friends, so you probably don't have to worry about losing a friend. 

7 hours ago, Star23 said:

I sent my friend a meme and she told me she didn't like me back. I got over it, and it was kind of hard but it will be ok. We are also still friends, so you probably don't have to worry about losing a friend. 

Hey,

Sorry to hear that she didn't like you back, but it's great that you had the courage to try and that you're still friends. I'm curious to know, what do you think helped you two to stay friends after? I'm asking because it can be quite tricky to navigate a friendship after this kind of experience, and it really shows how strong your friendship is and how mature you both are 🙂

I'm actually not sure the reason we stayed friends. We are quite close, and I definitely think that helped. My friend might have thought is was awkward afterwards but I didn't really. Sorry this didn't really answer your question but I couldn't think of much.

Hey,

No, that's fine. I guess sometimes, something just works after something like this 🙂 

Do you like anyone else at the moment?