Someone leaked my nudes in fb what should I do?

Yesh    
Go to solution Solved by Yesh,

• Solution

Hi I’m in need of help I am 19 years old and I’m a guy and I have also questions to ask. yesterday midnight me and this random girl that I met in Facebook we had a video call We were both naked and i knew something was off and immediately I got suspicious later on, so I call end the video call. later on she started posting my nudes in my messenger saying come on join back I wanna talk and also saying you don’t want to talk ok I send it your family and friends  as soon as I saw myself being naked I  ignored her for awhile and blocked her and later on she tagged me in one of my friend’s photo which my name was there as soon as I saw I changed my photo and deactivated my Facebook

So my question is, is it okay for me to ignore her? Even though  she leaked my nude in Facebook? I don’t know what should I do please help me

Hey @Yesh

Welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry that she threatened to send to your family and friends. I can imagine that it was hurtful for you to have your trust broken like this; how are you feeling? Can I ask, do you know if she has sent the picture(s) to anyone? I have supported many people in similar situations to you, and I find that if the person is serious about posting/sending the pictures, then they do it straight away, and generally, the more time that passes, the less likely it is that they'll actually post or send the pictures. What do you think? Also, if you didn't already, it would be a good idea to report the account to Facebook so they can block and remove their account. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I did get panic at first but for the time being only 1 of my friend knows about this other than that she hasn’t send it to anyone and yes I did report her acc and blocked her but I’m still scare that she might send it to my other friends, right now I’m just been ignoring her and I deactivated my Facebook acc as well but is the best thing I should be doing?

Hey there,

How are you today? Yeah, it’s really good that you’ve deactivated your account because no one will be able to see your friends list at all. I’m just wondering, do they know about your other social media accounts if you have any? If so, make sure they are private, and if it feels safer, you could deactivate them too. You could also tell your friend to block her, the one whose photo she commented on. What do you think? 

Hey @Yesh

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling okay. It sounds like you've done everything you have to do which shows how much of a quick-thinker you are! You reacted to this in a really clever way, and you've avoided anything further happening. As I said, the more time that passes after the person has made the threat, the less likely it is that something will happen, so I think that you're safe now. What do you think? 

Hey there,

How long has it been since it all happened? I guess I want to know what feels right to you as well. Do you feel like it’s okay to use your Facebook again soon? 

20 hours ago, Yesh said:

It’s been like 3-4 weeks now I guess but just now my bestfriend is asking me questions now I don’t know why but I get the feeling he knows about it…

Hey there,

Yeah, I really do think you're safe now. Quite a bit of time has passed, and if the person is seriously going to post them, then they tend to do it straight way. Also, what questions is your bestfriend asking?