yr11 stressing out

Charlotte115    

I started school 3 days ago after the summer holidays and I'm now in yr11.  My GCSEs are less than a year away and no thanks to covid19 I'm behind on my grades, instead of passing my subjects I'm failing most of them.  My anxiety isn't helping at all.  Please help!

Hey @Blue22031

It's nice to hear from you again. How is it going with the girl who wasn't being very nice to you back in summer?

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with school at the moment. I'm wondering, what do you think is making you fall behind? Could it be the home learning, or maybe even the anxiety that you're experiencing? We are here to talk this through with you and help you. You are not alone 🙂 Speak soon and take care. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

22 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Blue22031

It's nice to hear from you again. How is it going with the girl who wasn't being very nice to you back in summer?

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with school at the moment. I'm wondering, what do you think is making you fall behind? Could it be the home learning, or maybe even the anxiety that you're experiencing? We are here to talk this through with you and help you. You are not alone 🙂 Speak soon and take care. 

The girl has left me alone thankfully.  I have a problem with starting things so i think that is why I'm falling behind.  I'm mostly anxious because I messed up with this guy from school and he was using me the entire time, he also has a gf so I'm kinda worried about what she would do. 

Hey @Blue22031

I'm glad to hear that the girl has left you alone; I can imagine that you feel relieved. Thanks for telling me why you're feeling anxious. I'm wondering, what do you think you could do to try and sort things out so that you don't feel so anxious? Also, I saw that you mentioned having a problem with starting things up. I'm curious to know, what kind of problems do you have with this? 

13 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Blue22031

I'm glad to hear that the girl has left you alone; I can imagine that you feel relieved. Thanks for telling me why you're feeling anxious. I'm wondering, what do you think you could do to try and sort things out so that you don't feel so anxious? Also, I saw that you mentioned having a problem with starting things up. I'm curious to know, what kind of problems do you have with this? 

Well I got one of my closest friends to go to his gf and tell her that I'm not talking to the guy anymore.  

With the not being able to start things problem I'll give you an example:  4 weeks ago my mum asked me to tidy my room, I told her that i would do it later but i never did.  2 weeks later she had to ask me again to tidy my room, so I tidy a few of my clothes of the floor but that wasn't what she wanted, she wanted me to tidy all of my bed room not just a bit.  So on Monday this week my mum had to stand at my door and watch me tidy my room otherwise i wouldn't have done it, i probably would've listened to music and fall asleep like i normally do.  Not being able to start things also doesn't help with homework that i get from school.

Hey there,

How do you feel now she knows you're not talking anymore? 

Also, thanks for telling me about the problem you have with starting things. I'm wondering, why is it you think you have a problem starting things like that e.g., homework and tidying your room? 

I'm not completely sure how i feel about the girl knowing that I'm not talking to him anymore.

Also I just don't think I'm motivated enough to do stuff tbh 

Hey @Blue22031

How are you feeling today? I hope things have calmed down for you and that you're feeling more settled. Is there anything else you could do about the situation, or is that pretty much it at this point?

Also, I'm wondering, are you feeling like you aren't that motivated for loads of things at the moment, or is it just those two? 

Hey,

That’s interesting that you’re in the mindset of thinking your life sucks. Why do you think you’re feeling like that at the moment? 

Hey @Blue22031

I just want to check in and see how you're feeling about your school year at the moment? Also, did you have a chance to think about why you feel like your life sucks right now? 

Hey @Blue22031

Yeah, especially with being in your last year of school too; the pressure of exams is difficult, isn't it? Have you spoken to any of your teachers at school about how you're feeling?

Also, sorry to hear that you think your life sucks because of the people in it. Can you tell me more about that please? Who do you mean? 

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Blue22031

Yeah, especially with being in your last year of school too; the pressure of exams is difficult, isn't it? Have you spoken to any of your teachers at school about how you're feeling?

Also, sorry to hear that you think your life sucks because of the people in it. Can you tell me more about that please? Who do you mean? 

i have a teacher that i talk to about stress.  

i mostly hate my life because most people like to pick fights with me a lot (even on social media) and my friends dont seem to be real friends, they probably wouldn't even care if i killed myself tbh.

Hey,

I'm glad that you have a teacher to talk to about stress. Do you find it helpful? I'm wondering, would you like me to also share some tips with you on how to manage stress? 🙂

Also, thank you for telling me more about why you're not happy with your life at the moment. It's so difficult when we feel like our friends aren't real; we all rely on other people to help us feel welcome and safe to an extent, and if we feel that they aren't genuine, it can be quite upsetting. Can I ask, what have they done to make you feel this way?

They just talk about me behind my back or when they think im not listening, they get random guys to talk to me even if i dont know them and other stuff 

Hey there,

How are you today? Sorry to hear that they talk about you behind your back. I’m wondering, have you thought about maybe speaking to them about this? I can totally see why it would be upsetting knowing that your friends are doing this to you.