Am I broken ?

Random    

Hey there, I’m a bit confused here and would appreciate some help. I’m not so sure about my attraction to people. I used to be sexually attracted to people and all was normal. Till a girl asked me to kiss her and I did ,but I didn’t enjoy it at all. Now I’m reconsidering everything. All those thoughts I had were before I knew what it was  like  (btw all those thoughts I had,were always in the third person)but  now that I do, the thought of it  doesn’t interest me(sometimes it repels me).I do not feel the need to do anything with anyone. Whenever I try to think about it I’m numb and it doesn’t interest me. What the hell is wrong with me ?

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 hours ago, Random said:

Hey there, I’m a bit confused here and would appreciate some help. I’m not so sure about my attraction to people. I used to be sexually attracted to people and all was normal. Till a girl asked me to kiss her and I did ,but I didn’t enjoy it at all. Now I’m reconsidering everything. All those thoughts I had were before I knew what it was  like  (btw all those thoughts I had,were always in the third person)but  now that I do, the thought of it  doesn’t interest me(sometimes it repels me).I do not feel the need to do anything with anyone. Whenever I try to think about it I’m numb and it doesn’t interest me. What the hell is wrong with me ?

Hey @Random I think the overarching thing here is there really is no 'normal'. Our feelings an attractions for some never waver but for many they can change and be pretty fluid.

Unless you have experienced a trauma which you feel could have had an impact on this I would trust your instincts and don't feel pressured to do anything with anyone unless it feels right and comfortable to you. Can I ask, does it only affect the 'attraction' type feelings or does the numb feeling also affect general relationships / friendships? 

Staff-Account.png

47 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Hey @Random I think the overarching thing here is there really is no 'normal'. Our feelings an attractions for some never waver but for many they can change and be pretty fluid.

Unless you have experienced a trauma which you feel could have had an impact on this I would trust your instincts and don't feel pressured to do anything with anyone unless it feels right and comfortable to you. Can I ask, does it only affect the 'attraction' type feelings or does the numb feeling also affect general relationships / friendships? 

Hey thank you for replying. The numb feeling and me not being interested or not even thinking about it only affects the attraction part (not friendships or in general ). I didn’t have a traumatic experience. I’m sure that at least for the time being I don’t want to do anything with anyone and it doesn’t cross my mind anymore. Idk why. 

• Ditch the Label Staff
5 minutes ago, Random said:

Hey thank you for replying. The numb feeling and me not being interested or not even thinking about it only affects the attraction part (not friendships or in general ). I didn’t have a traumatic experience. I’m sure that at least for the time being I don’t want to do anything with anyone and it doesn’t cross my mind anymore. Idk why. 

I would then for sure, trust your instincts and try not to worry (I know that's easier said than done!) Even in relationships people go through periods of not feeling attraction and will ensure they remain close on other ways. It doesn't have to mean anything bad, it's just a part of their life at that time.

For some people, if this continues for a long time they may identify as Asexual.  (A sexual orientation generally characterised by not feeling sexual attraction or desire for partnered sexuality. Although some people who are asexual do have sex).

How does this sound?

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Blondie said:

I would then for sure, trust your instincts and try not to worry (I know that's easier said than done!) Even in relationships people go through periods of not feeling attraction and will ensure they remain close on other ways. It doesn't have to mean anything bad, it's just a part of their life at that time.

For some people, if this continues for a long time they may identify as Asexual.  (A sexual orientation generally characterised by not feeling sexual attraction or desire for partnered sexuality. Although some people who are asexual do have sex).

How does this sound?

Sounds interesting. I’ll keep track of my attraction towards people then I’ll see what all of this means. Thank you!

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
18 hours ago, Random said:

Sounds interesting. I’ll keep track of my attraction towards people then I’ll see what all of this means. Thank you!

Remember - we're here for you!

Staff-Account.png