i dont feel complete

Laura2323 ย  ย 

i am wondering if its normal to not know who you completely are as a person I feel like I am continuously trying to discover who I am as a person....... im always having a hard time trying to find things that i like or even do things that i dont like to make others happy... i always think about others happiness and never about my happiness and what i want to do....

what should i do to figure out what type of person i am i mean discover myself as a whole

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 hours ago, Laura2323 said:

i am wondering if its normal to not know who you completely are as a person I feel like I am continuously trying to discover who I am as a person....... im always having a hard time trying to find things that i like or even do things that i dont like to make others happy... i always think about others happiness and never about my happiness and what i want to do....

what should i do to figure out what type of person i am i mean discover myself as a whole

Hey @Laura2323ย In one word - yes! It's completely normal and healthy and for many people this goes on throughout our lives. The obvious times could be in relationships, careers, potential parenting etc but so many people change and shift through their life.ย 

People shiftย career direction, political views and far more and if you think about it, it kinda makes life exciting rather than just reaching say, age 18 and knowing that you will always stay like this (even if you feel great then!) It's good to know we have room and space to change and develop as a person.ย 

Can I ask, is there a a reason you'd like to know now?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey @Laura2323ย In one word - yes! It's completely normal and healthy and for many people this goes on throughout our lives. The obvious times could be in relationships, careers, potential parenting etc but so many people change and shift through their life.ย 

People shiftย career direction, political views and far more and if you think about it, it kinda makes life exciting rather than just reaching say, age 18 and knowing that you will always stay like this (even if you feel great then!) It's good to know we have room and space to change and develop as a person.ย 

Can I ask, is there a a reason you'd like to know now?0

yes its because many new changes have happened in my life especially my sexuality change i dont yet want to admit that im Bi or gay but its 50% chance that I might be and the otherย  50% is just me in denial of what i really im, also trying to do things that make me happy and my parents want me to do what life asks ofย  you and my self discovery is always how to say blocked or not fulfilled 100%, i dont know how to deal yet ย with my new sexuality and newย  hobbies that ive started(movie editing and creating movies and dancing and learning japanese which is hard but i want to speak the language so:)) ๐Ÿ™‚)ย ย  and i like them since i denied my whole self as a person for a long time

• Ditch the Label Staff
15 hours ago, Laura2323 said:

yes its because many new changes have happened in my life especially my sexuality change i dont yet want to admit that im Bi or gay but its 50% chance that I might be and the otherย  50% is just me in denial of what i really im, also trying to do things that make me happy and my parents want me to do what life asks ofย  you and my self discovery is always how to say blocked or not fulfilled 100%, i dont know how to deal yet ย with my new sexuality and newย  hobbies that ive started(movie editing and creating movies and dancing and learning japanese which is hard but i want to speak the language so:)) ๐Ÿ™‚)ย ย  and i like them since i denied my whole self as a person for a long time

Oh, the movie and learning Japanese sound amazing!ย 

I would suggest trying not to put pressure on yourself - allow your sexuality to develop in your on time and space, always thinking about who you are and not what other people may or may not want you to be. Maybe try and not look at the entire picture of your life and somehow try and 'solve' everything in one go, rather just work your way through at your own pace. This will give you the best chance of finding your true self. But always leave yourself space to change and grow and try to shift from thinking that you need to make a final decision.

How does that sound?

Staff-Account.png

24 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Oh, the movie and learning Japanese sound amazing!ย 

I would suggest trying not to put pressure on yourself - allow your sexuality to develop in your on time and space, always thinking about who you are and not what other people may or may not want you to be. Maybe try and not look at the entire picture of your life and somehow try and 'solve' everything in one go, rather just work your way through at your own pace. This will give you the best chance of finding your true self. But always leave yourself space to change and grow and try to shift from thinking that you need to make a final decision.

How does that sound?

that is true i always try to plan my life and it is so frustrating .........i will take thing down a note:) an dgo at a pace that im comfortable with i feel like i always have to plan everything and then just see how things turn out sometimes without thinking to much and just going with the flow.........i will go at a pace with doesnt stress me too much since my life is mostly a rollercoaster andย  noย rest:)) ๐Ÿ˜•

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, Laura2323 said:

that is true i always try to plan my life and it is so frustrating .........i will take thing down a note:) an dgo at a pace that im comfortable with i feel like i always have to plan everything and then just see how things turn out sometimes without thinking to much and just going with the flow.........i will go at a pace with doesnt stress me too much since my life is mostly a rollercoaster andย  noย rest:)) ๐Ÿ˜•

This sounds like a plan! I know it can be a bit cheesy but trying to enjoy the moment is a skill that takes practise!

genius sounds good GIF by SoulPancake

Staff-Account.png

• 1 month later...