How do I look bi??

girl-in-red    

Hi all! So I feel like I'm having an identity crisis lately because I can't figure out who I am, who I like, how to dress, or how to act. I think I'm bi (she/her) , and really want to start dating girls, but I feel like I look too straight to be approached. Whenever I dress more masculine, I feel like people know I'm queer, which is what I like. But I also really like dressing femme, but don't want to look straight (if that makes sense). So I guess I'm looking for advice on how to make my femme looks appear more ~fruity~ so that girls know I like girls. I was thinking of getting a rainbow bracelet or something. Or switching up my hair to make it look more queer. I dont know, any thoughts? 

Hey @girl-in-red

Welcome 🙂

I think that it's pretty normal to go through a period where you question your identity, and I guess that's your mind's way of telling you to get out there and explore which is exciting! I think that the most important thing to do is find what's right for you, or do whatever feels most comfortable for you. I think that changing your hair or getting a rainbow bracelet or badge sounds great, but only if they feel right to you. What do you reckon? I wonder, could you mix both the masc and the femme in a way? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

hey! thanks for the reply :)) I'm struggling to find how I would like to present myself, as I am heavily influenced by the people around me and their styles. I think going thrifting and seeing what I'm drawn to is how I find items "my style"- so i'll continue to do to. And the items I get thrifting are always very androgynous pieces- which, to me, is a good way to combine femme and masc. I'm taking it day-by-day and basing my outfits on my moods! I think I'll leave my hair alone until I'm feeling more sure of myself and my identity. Buuut I do want to pick up a rainbow bracelet just to indicate that I am bi to other ppl. 

Hey,

How are you doing today? Yeah, they all sound like great ideas. I think it's really important to just take it day-by-day as you've said and see what feels right at the time. Maybe you can let us know how it goes when you've been thrifting again? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e