I've sent nudes to someone and now they are threatening to leak it.

Donald    

I am a 19 year old guy  and long story short,  I fell into a scam. They are blackmailing me and threate ing to send it to everyone on my contacts. They made me download whatsapp and are demanding money. Before i did anything, i deleted my facebook and made my instagram private. At first i was so scared and naive that i gave into the demands but now they are asking for more. They demand a payment by next Tuesday.  I already filled out a IC3 complaint after finding your charity.  What should I do now? Should I block them now, how should I respond, tell them I file a complaint? What should I do?

Hey Donald,

Thanks for coming to us about this. How are you feeling? I've supported people in similar situations before and I know how stressful this can be, so I just thought I'd check in. 

It's great that you've filled out a complaint. I would send the evidence of your complaint to them and then block. These people rely on others not actually reporting them as most people find it embarrassing, so I'm sure that the fact you've reported them will be enough to stop them in their tracks. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I showed the report and they still kept trying to blackmail me. I told them enough is enough and i'm not doing it. They said they will do it but I haven't got word from anyone that it happened.

Edited by Donald

7 hours ago, Donald said:

I showed the report and they still kept trying to blackmail me. I told them enough is enough and i'm not doing it. They said they will do it but I haven't got word from anyone that it happened.

Hey Donald,

I've supported a lot of people in this situation before, and I am still yet to hear of the blackmailer actually posting the pic/vid when they haven't received their payment. The thing is, they probably realise that if they post the content/send it to others, then they definitely won't get their payment as they person who is in the pictures/videos no longer has the threat because it has been done, so they won't pay. What do you think? Have you heard about your report yet? 

Hey Donald,

Maybe there's a way that you can check in on the progress of the report? Also, what do you think of the point I made in my last comment about the blackmailer not posting the content? To be honest, if they were serious about posting, they would have done it by now. The more time that passes, the less likely they are to post it. They usually do it immediately. 

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, the boii said:

Same thing just happened to me too. 

In tears. 

Hey,

I just saw that you made a topic about this, so I will reply there. 

• Like 1

It just recently happened to me but the thing is that I'm a girl,(not that it really matters) they have a screenshot of my Instagram posts and followers. As soon as that happened I switched my account to private mode and archived all my post. I was really desperate when they called asking for money. But I knew that I couldn't send them anything. I told him to give me a month to gather the money he needed and he said alright that he wouldn't call or disturb me till then. He's supposed to call me on the 15 of October and the days leading to that date is traumatizing to me. I've hardly eaten anything these past few days and my friends are noticing I've been losing weight. Next month is either going to make me or break me. I don't want to report to the police at all

44 minutes ago, Melon said:

It just recently happened to me but the thing is that I'm a girl,(not that it really matters) they have a screenshot of my Instagram posts and followers. As soon as that happened I switched my account to private mode and archived all my post. I was really desperate when they called asking for money. But I knew that I couldn't send them anything. I told him to give me a month to gather the money he needed and he said alright that he wouldn't call or disturb me till then. He's supposed to call me on the 15 of October and the days leading to that date is traumatizing to me. I've hardly eaten anything these past few days and my friends are noticing I've been losing weight. Next month is either going to make me or break me. I don't want to report to the police at all

Hey there,

I've just seen the topic you created and have responded there. Take care and speak soon. 

Hi, unfortunately this can happen a lot because some people do not understand boundaries. As someone who has experienced their nudes being leaked around the school when I attended it is not a nice thing to happen. From my own experience it can be really scary and I had to tell my parents and get the police involved as i was still a child when this happened. All I can say is that do what you think is right and just know this is not at all your fault. Some things I can recommend is that if they do get leaked and your face is not in them, explain that it may look like you but it is not. If your face is in these photos then kindly ask people to remove the photos from their possession as they were sent in trust and confidentiality. I can promise this does not last forever and will not be held against you as you grow older. Another thing I can recommend is talking to the police about this, or your school if you are still attending school, I understand that it is scary to do that sort of thing but it will be much easier to sort out with that kind of support from authoritive figures. If you would like someone to talk to about this, please message me. This goes to anyone who is experiencing the same issue.