are they toxic?

Strawberrylover101    

Hello, I am quite a newbie on here, but I have a group of friends and I just do not think, they care about me. I might be overreacting but there is this one girl who is constantly rude in her replies, she's like the mean girl and that's her personality, I mean i don't mind it but it is exhausting talking to someone like that. She is one sided and everything is about her and what she wants, I feel like I am suffocating. When ever i give her something she just doesnt seem to like it or doesn't appreciate it and maybe that's how she is, but she literally will not say thank you. Maybe I need to let her go from my life but tbh she is friends with everyone I dont want her to hold a grudge on me. and turn others on me. Idk what to do. 

To be honest almost all my friends are like that, another one just doesnt text me back and when she does, she completely ignores my messages, why cant they give a shit I do not get it. I wanna cut them all off and tbh that could make me a happier person but I dont know how to and do not have the balls to do it. I wanna start afresh, all alone. 

Hey @Strawberrylover101

Welcome to our community 🙂

It's a shame that your friends treat you this way. It sounds like you are quite different in that way and treat them with more respect than they treat you. I think that with your first friend you talked about, although she may have that mean personality, it doesn't mean that she shouldn't nurture and grow her friendships. We all have a part to play in putting good effort into our relationships, otherwise, they start to be impacted. I'm wondering, could you try talking to them separately about how you feel first, rather than cutting them all off? Or are you definitely sure that you want to move on from them? We can help you with both, so just let us know.

Speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey @Strawberrylover101

No worries 🙂

Would you like help for how to go about having the conversations? There is a way you can have these kinds of chats and avoid conflict at the same time. Let me know and we can talk through this together.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e