Lonely

StarGazer    

Hey.

im sad about never getting messages from anyone. No one ever wants to hang-out. I’m 20 and have never had a relationship so that also makes me feel unwanted and unloved. I know I shouldn’t value myself according to how others value me, but That’s what I know I need to fix. I just don’t know how because I hate who I am and what I look like- it’s so hard for me to accept who I am and it’s been this way for years.

please help.

thankyou

hey @StarGazer, i'm so sorry you are feeling this way 😞

i kinda knw what you mean about this, over the pandemic i felt very similar as all my friends dropped off and i was left with a silent phone most days. i also didn't have a relationship until my early 20s!

it did get better, a lot of years when i was a teenager i struggled to find people who shared similar interests with me, but as i got older this got better. i also used the internet a lot to find those people. i joined communities online around the things i enjoyyed and slowly developed friendships with the people most similar to me, that eventually expanded as i met their friends. it's not the same online as real life but it gave me a way to build up my confidence and at least have some people to talk to every day.

i also tried to explore hobbies and create things to release a lot of this emotion which i think was realy helpful! it probs helped me meet friends too because the right people liked what i did

i know it's not the same but i promise it does get better, sometimes we don't meet our best friends or the love of our live until we are older. everyones journey is so different.

you've got this!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:18 PM, StarGazer said:

Hey.

im sad about never getting messages from anyone. No one ever wants to hang-out. I’m 20 and have never had a relationship so that also makes me feel unwanted and unloved. I know I shouldn’t value myself according to how others value me, but That’s what I know I need to fix. I just don’t know how because I hate who I am and what I look like- it’s so hard for me to accept who I am and it’s been this way for years.

please help.

thankyou

Hey @StarGazer

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling sad about this at the moment. I think we all fall into this trap of hating ourself at some point, and I know that we are speaking about that on your other post at the moment. I'm curious to know, what it is that you struggle to accept about yourself other than the way that you look?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey @StarGazer

Thanks for explaining that to me. I'm wondering, because I'm already giving you advice for your self-esteem on your other post, do you want to carry on there? Also, can I ask, who would you say are the closest to in your life right now? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e